Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0 >

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Like Tree225Likes

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Old 10-28-2018, 05:46 PM
  #241  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Is there any word on wither the Motiv series is going to start this year?
jtsbell is offline  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:05 PM
  #242  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,457
Default

You should've practiced on Friday, we had the track to ourselves, there were only five on-road cars.


Originally Posted by Lone Drifter View Post
Will the Onroad track be available for Practice Saturday and Sunday???
outlandr91 is offline  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:14 PM
  #243  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (9)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 16,975
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by outlandr91 View Post
You should've practiced on Friday, we had the track to ourselves, there were only five on-road cars.
this silly thing called work gets in the way
Billy Kelly is online now  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:25 PM
  #244  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,243
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jtsbell View Post
Is there any word on wither the Motiv series is going to start this year?
round 1 November 10th at Windy City RC
f1larry is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 07:13 AM
  #245  
Tech Master
iTrader: (52)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

What a weekend the first Jconcepts midwest carpet nats. are in the books. I personally want to thank everyone for coming! We had drivers come all the way from Canada, Connecticut, Minnesota plus I think every state surrounding us. It was nice meeting everyone. Hope everyone enjoyed the race and the layout.. Congrats to all the winners.
And I can't wait till next year. You must mark this one as one that needs to be attended..... Details on next year to come as soon as we get them ironed out.
robk, Nerobro and FastGT94 like this.
tonyd is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:50 AM
  #246  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Videos looked awesome, looked like a great turn out!
FastGT94 is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 10:57 AM
  #247  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,457
Default

I hear ya, but I left work early, still worked a nine hour day rushed home , loaded up the car and enjoyed about five hours of practice.

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post


this silly thing called work gets in the way
outlandr91 is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 11:01 AM
  #248  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (9)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 16,975
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by outlandr91 View Post
I hear ya, but I left work early, still worked a nine hour day rushed home , loaded up the car and enjoyed about five hours of practice.
wish coukd during week. I get off work at 5pm. And they close at 7pm. And itís an hour plus drive. I hoping to get there Saturday.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:28 PM
  #249  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,243
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post


wish coukd during week. I get off work at 5pm. And they close at 7pm. And itís an hour plus drive. I hoping to get there Saturday.
Tuesday - Friday the track is open till 8 pm, this past Friday the track was open till 10 pm.
f1larry is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:43 PM
  #250  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (9)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 16,975
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by f1larry View Post

Tuesday - Friday the track is open till 8 pm, this past Friday the track was open till 10 pm.
Didnt know that. Even 8pm is hard to justify. Best can leave far south suburbs is around 6pm. Friday evening traffic, and Iíd still be pressed to make it. Saturdays are my only chance. And even then thereís a time line when itís hard to justify a 2-3+ hour round trip drive.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:53 PM
  #251  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,243
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post


Didnt know that. Even 8pm is hard to justify. Best can leave far south suburbs is around 6pm. Friday evening traffic, and Iíd still be pressed to make it. Saturdays are my only chance. And even then thereís a time line when itís hard to justify a 2-3+ hour round trip drive.
I totally get it,
f1larry is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 02:02 PM
  #252  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (9)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 16,975
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by f1larry View Post

I totally get it,
Now having been there once, and run this time. Unlike my one trip to the old building. It’s incredibly frustrating.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Old 11-13-2018, 09:33 AM
  #253  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,295
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

We had a major race at WCRC, and nobody said anything?

Last weekend the Motiv Midwest All-Star Carpet Series series started off. Six classes, including a handout motor class. There was 74 cars registered, and 47 drivers. Adam Ska ran a tight schedule. Races started on time (mostly), and that included teching each class before every race. WCRC staff ran the tech inspection bench, and were fast and helpful.

I had a good time.

The closest thing I have to a complaint, was the VTA B-main happened to quickly after the VTA Q3, and my battery hadn't finished charging. :-) But i'm hardly fast enough to have to really worry about that.

How about some results:
Windy City RC :: Motiv Midwest All-Star Carpet Series :: LiveRC
Rick Vessell and Billy Kelly like this.
Nerobro is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:13 PM
  #254  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
We had a major race at WCRC, and nobody said anything?

Last weekend the Motiv Midwest All-Star Carpet Series series started off. Six classes, including a handout motor class. There was 74 cars registered, and 47 drivers. Adam Ska ran a tight schedule. Races started on time (mostly), and that included teching each class before every race. WCRC staff ran the tech inspection bench, and were fast and helpful.

I had a good time.

The closest thing I have to a complaint, was the VTA B-main happened to quickly after the VTA Q3, and my battery hadn't finished charging. :-) But i'm hardly fast enough to have to really worry about that.

How about some results:
Windy City RC :: Motiv Midwest All-Star Carpet Series :: LiveRC
I had a great time at this race! First carpet race in, oh IDK, 3-4-years? I did have to leave early but the race looked fantastic to that point.
Troy Carter is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 AM
  #255  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (42)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,755
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

I think most people just stay on Facebook to discuss things. RCtech used to have heavy use, but with FB most people are sharing race info, pics, etc there.
Nexus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.