Like Tree91Likes

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Old 10-08-2018, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ View Post
WHat rules are being used for this winters season? Canam? Just curious if I need to get my cars right. hoping to start coming down again this weekend.
from what I read F1,VTA, USGT stay as they have been. And Euro Truck. Rest I’m not sure. Think thee was a post a page or two back.

edit.

Must have been on Facebook. Don’t see it here
Old 10-08-2018, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LeastFav View Post
Do they have rental transponders at the track?
No "house transponders" like the old rechargeable ones, as they're not available anymore. Someone might be willing to loan you one, or hand count your laps.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Old 10-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
Lets not forget!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WindyCityRC View Post
Old 10-12-2018, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

are you guys going to be open nov 19-21?? as a bunch of us would like to run a few days before cleveland please let us know
Old 10-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jason cheng View Post
are you guys going to be open nov 19-21?? as a bunch of us would like to run a few days before cleveland please let us know
Yes the 20th and 21st 10-8
Old 10-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb No Hope.....

Originally Posted by jason cheng View Post
It's going to take more then 3 days of practice for YOU to get ready for Cleveland....
Old 10-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For on road racing is there a spec tire or motor for the touring car class? It looks like there may be 13.5 or 21.5 TC, are these spec motors or any of that turn?
Also for euro truck what battery can you run and can you add anything like bearings to the truck?

Looking at possibly getting back into RC after a break and just trying to see how $$ needs to be thrown at the classes.

Last edited by Willie Mann; 10-13-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Willie Mann View Post
For on road racing is there a spec tire or motor for the touring car class? It looks like there may be 13.5 or 21.5 TC, are these spec motors are any of that turn?
Also for euro truck what battery can you run and can you add anything like bearings to the truck?

Looking at possibly getting back into RC after a break and just trying to see how $$ needs to be thrown at the classes.
Bearings are allowed. I believe a Peak racing battery was only allowed
Old 10-13-2018, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Euro truck bearings and a metal pinion (same tooth count as stock) allowed. motor heat shield can be removed. only battery is the peak 4200, can change batter plug to Dean's, ECS or traxxas.

the spec motors for TC are reedy. We started the 21.5 class with a hobbywing motor but they became too hard to get a hold of. Not 100% sure if they are required to be purchased at the track or not. Tire is open for now.
Nerobro likes this.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
Euro truck bearings and a metal pinion (same tooth count as stock) allowed. motor heat shield can be removed. only battery is the peak 4200, can change batter plug to Dean's, ECS or traxxas.

the spec motors for TC are reedy. We started the 21.5 class with a hobbywing motor but they became too hard to get a hold of. Not 100% sure if they are required to be purchased at the track or not. Tire is open for now.
Thank you!
Old 10-13-2018, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Bearings are allowed. I believe a Peak racing battery was only allowed
Thanks!
Old 10-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To the couple of guys who came up to me yesterday in the pits wanting to know where i found my mini chrome wire rack shelf that held my two ichargers and fans and power supply, I sorry to say I can't find them anywhere anymore. I bought mine at Home Depot years ago, when I saw it on the shelf I initially thought it was a miniature display unit of bigger wire shelving racks, but was actually just a mini chrome unit for sale. It was made by "Prospace", and it was an adjustable three shelf unit of 8"D x 18"W x 18"H was about $25.00. I cut the legs down and used only one shelf to build my current rack. Up to a year ago or so Amazon still had those three shelf units at about $25 as well, but can't find them there either anymore.

After some poking around, however, I did find that it is possible to construct and buy the unit via the website www.theshelvingstore.com. They let you design your own unit, and most importantly, carry the hard to find 8"D x 18"W (external dimensions) shelf. The bad news is that a single shelf unit, with 6" chrome legs, prices out at $33 plus $15 shipping. They also let you build multi shelf units, multiple leg heights available, etc. They actually have an accessory option of a cup holder that attaches to the leg posts that holds a 20 oz. soda bottle that might be really useful for holding your traction compound bottle and not having it accidentally tip over, and only $3.50 for that option.
Nerobro likes this.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver View Post
To the couple of guys who came up to me yesterday in the pits wanting to know where i found my mini chrome wire rack shelf that held my two ichargers and fans and power supply, I sorry to say I can't find them anywhere anymore. I bought mine at Home Depot years ago, when I saw it on the shelf I initially thought it was a miniature display unit of bigger wire shelving racks, but was actually just a mini chrome unit for sale. It was made by "Prospace", and it was an adjustable three shelf unit of 8"D x 18"W x 18"H was about $25.00. I cut the legs down and used only one shelf to build my current rack. Up to a year ago or so Amazon still had those three shelf units at about $25 as well, but can't find them there either anymore.

After some poking around, however, I did find that it is possible to construct and buy the unit via the website www.theshelvingstore.com. They let you design your own unit, and most importantly, carry the hard to find 8"D x 18"W (external dimensions) shelf. The bad news is that a single shelf unit, with 6" chrome legs, prices out at $33 plus $15 shipping. They also let you build multi shelf units, multiple leg heights available, etc. They actually have an accessory option of a cup holder that attaches to the leg posts that holds a 20 oz. soda bottle that might be really useful for holding your traction compound bottle and not having it accidentally tip over, and only $3.50 for that option.
search amazon for mini wire shelf. $20 for a 3 shelf unit 7.5" deep shelf by 18" long.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service