Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Spring 2018 Round Lake Beach Track Revival >

Spring 2018 Round Lake Beach Track Revival

Like Tree4Likes

Spring 2018 Round Lake Beach Track Revival

Old 05-14-2018, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wouldn’t it be easier to just build jumps out of wood. It would be Easier to move and make different track layouts.
We do it for parking lot races at st. Charles hobbytown.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

hi sorry to chime in on your thread was unsure if i should make a new one but was told about this forum tonite. I am in arlington heights just down the street from windy city rc and have been looking for at least a month for anything worthwhile hopefully somewhat in my area to run my toys on xmaxx, erevo, stampede. this place seems to be the closest place my location for an outdoor track im not really interested in racing for times and what not just general fun thru a course if that makes sense. has any progress been made on this i really wish i could help get this goin but working 6 days a week and a 3 year old doesnt leave much time im lucky to run for 45 mins a day sometimes an hour.... does anyone know were i can run my toys locally? ive jsut been running in the street in front of my house as i have not had any luck finding anytning around my area.

thanks for any information
Old 06-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If you are looking to a place go to Schiller woods
Irving Park rd and north Cumberland
behind flying feild. Big place to run it jumps and hills.
park in the third lot on south side of Irving park rd before n Cumberland ave.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Went there last week and it's completely overgrown. Willing to help out sometime.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Bump!! Wanted to see if there are still interested people to get the track up and running this Spring.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kadjo
Bump!! Wanted to see if there are still interested people to get the track up and running this Spring.
I used to go to that track! I lived in RL for about 7 years and now live in Mchenry county but would be interested in helping
Old 03-17-2022, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Bumping a very old thread. Where in Round Lake was this? I live in Round Lake and would be willing to assist financially as well as some time. I have been into RC for years and have several friends who have recently gotten back into it as well. Given the resurgence in RC and the lack of tracks in northern IL this might be a good location.

EDIT: I think I figured out where it was... Behind Kohl's at the corner of Orchard and Hook. Looks like it's a BMX bike course now.

Last edited by graemebo; 03-19-2022 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Updated Information
Old 04-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

grae, I think the track might still be there based on google streetview, it might be the one right as you pull in, it looks kinda disused with only vague bordering
the dirt area further back seems to have some pretty large features build up like bmx
might be worth a ride over there to look
Old 04-04-2022, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the streetview now. I took this picture when I stopped by a few weeks ago. Assuming I was at the right place it's definitely setup for BMX now.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

pic isnt working
Old 04-04-2022, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Pilotx1
pic isnt working
It shows up for me but I get an error saying that I can't post pictures or links until I have at least 10 posts. I have been lurking here for nearly 20 years but I guess that isn't good enough lol. Looks like the Google overhead view (not streetview) shows what it looks like today.