Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help us Grow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default Help us Grow!

Hey you hobbyist out there! We are new to the net and looking to grow our community at: YourHobbyCommunity.com. If you live in Illinois or the surrounding states we are building our site to help support you with news, events, and any other updates we can provide to help support our local Hobby Shops, Tracks, Airfields, and Club owners. We invite everyone to join that has a hobby that they would like to share and provide feedback and support.

Please check us out and your free membership would be appreciated.

We also want to thank rctech.net for providing us a place to post our information to their members. We have added rctech to our weblinks to return the favor.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Rookie

thats pretty cool
Old 07-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Wink Looking for help please

I have posted a few times to try and gain members and or feedback on what I should do to the site that would encourage viewers to want to sign up. I see many others plugging their site and at least get several replies on what they thought of the site.

Am I saying the wrong things when asking for support to help my R/C community grow? Or is the appearance of my site not attractive enough to keep your interest? Please give me ideas that would better encourage people to want to sign up

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
YourHobbyCommunity.com
Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Rick, your website looks great but you have to do some marketing to attract people to your website. Learn how searchengines work to get more visitors.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Rick, your website looks great but you have to do some marketing to attract people to your website. Learn how searchengines work to get more visitors.

Thanks for your feedback MrUnlimited! I have been working hard on it and now just need to be patent and hope the R/C community gives it a chance and signs up

Thanks to all that has viewed the site. Please keep the feedback coming and help get our forum topics going.

Last edited by RickLeigh; 08-20-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default YHC R/C Support Team!

See discussion here on rctech.net:http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...volunteer.html
Old 08-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

BOOOO! I just scared you to check out my site and give me some feedback. Maybe even scared you enough to sign up and post in our forums
Old 08-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

You've got a good thing started. Be patient and add some content. That will bring in organic traffic from the search engines.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks for posting the ad about the Futaba radio offer. I would like to see more of this type of stuff on your site.

http://yourhobbycommunity.com/modules.php?name=YHCMAP

I also liked your Basic R/C Painting For Beginners - practical.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys!! The YHC community is starting to gain some momentum and growing at a decent pace. Keep the feedback coming and register to keep us growing.

Thank you rctech.net for having a place for us to post our sites.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RickLeigh
Thanks guys!! The YHC community is starting to gain some momentum and growing at a decent pace. Keep the feedback coming and register to keep us growing.

Thank you rctech.net for having a place for us to post our sites.
How many people do you have signed up for the live help?

This maybe your niche in the RC community as I have not seen anyone else do it...

I'm also suprised that more local hobby shows aren't on your site from your area - ask them to put your web tag on their site in exchange for you putting their tag on your site...You should ask to put up a flier in their shop as well.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DraftDriver
How many people do you have signed up for the live help?

This maybe your niche in the RC community as I have not seen anyone else do it...

I'm also suprised that more local hobby shows aren't on your site from your area - ask them to put your web tag on their site in exchange for you putting their tag on your site...You should ask to put up a flier in their shop as well.
Right now we have 4 volunteers on the support team. One has been very active most of the time. I feel that once the advertising kicks in and the word spreads it will be more active. Only time and allot of effort will tell

I have some local tracks and hobby shops that have a banner, flyer, biz cards, and even my URL on their receipts to help promote the site. It has been less then a year online so we can only hope that our local and world wide hobbyists will give the site a chance. We are offering several options right now for hobbyists to promote their events, shops, products, tracks, etc. that would cost them money on other sites for FREE. I'm not quit sure that visitors understand that this is an option on YHC and we will be working hard to advertise it in the near future.

It’s hard to start a forum style site when there is nothing of interest in the forums yet. People want to jump in a conversation more then they want to start one. But, a forum won’t have any content endless someone posts it.

I've been trying to visit as many hobby shops, tracks, airfields, etc. as I can. This winter we will be working hard on the website to provide as much R/C content as we can and hoping to get the LIVE R/C SUPPORT team to grow in numbers to help the R/C community. I believe it will be fun and a chance to come closer to the hobbyist's needs to keep the hobby alive.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Using IRC?

Right now we have 4 volunteers on the support team. One has been very active most of the time. I feel that once the advertising kicks in and the word spreads it will be more active. Only time and allot of effort will tell

I have some local tracks and hobby shops that have a banner, flyer, biz cards, and even my URL on their receipts to help promote the site. It has been less then a year online so we can only hope that our local and world wide hobbyists will give the site a chance. We are offering several options right now for hobbyists to promote their events, shops, products, tracks, etc. that would cost them money on other sites for FREE. I'm not quit sure that visitors understand that this is an option on YHC and we will be working hard to advertise it in the near future.

It’s hard to start a forum style site when there is nothing of interest in the forums yet. People want to jump in a conversation more then they want to start one. But, a forum won’t have any content endless someone posts it.

I've been trying to visit as many hobby shops, tracks, airfields, etc. as I can. This winter we will be working hard on the website to provide as much R/C content as we can and hoping to get the LIVE R/C SUPPORT team to grow in numbers to help the R/C community. I believe it will be fun and a chance to come closer to the hobbyist's needs to keep the hobby alive.

If you are using IRC, what server / channel?

PS: RcTEch had IRC Chat and no one used it. In the end I was maintaining the channel.

Cheers.

h
Old 09-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
If you are using IRC, what server / channel?

PS: RcTEch had IRC Chat and no one used it. In the end I was maintaining the channel.

Cheers.

h
Its not an IRC chat channel. The system we are using is more of a one on one chat system that allows you to choose a group/department which will get you to a support team member that will have a better understanding of what you are needing. Endless IRC has changed, I think you would be trying to get your support while others are talking in the same channel which can be frustrating.

Right now our volunteer team is small which in return means not much support is offered yet. We hope to see the team grow as time pass. To see it in action and for more information on this please click here:YHC Live R/C Support Team
Old 09-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Its not an IRC chat channel. The system we are using is more of a one on one chat system that allows you to choose a group/department which will get you to a support team member that will have a better understanding of what you are needing. Endless IRC has changed, I think you would be trying to get your support while others are talking in the same channel which can be frustrating.

Right now our volunteer team is small which in return means not much support is offered yet. We hope to see the team grow as time pass. To see it in action and for more information on this please click here:YHC Live R/C Support Team
Do you have any interest from international racers helping out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.