Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Web Links
Look what Traxxas is doing to promote the hobby. >

Look what Traxxas is doing to promote the hobby.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Look what Traxxas is doing to promote the hobby.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
Toys R us.. They sell them and losi online (For crazy retarded prices).

My 1st rig was a traxxas, but it almost put me out of the hobby instead of bring me into it more. Until I got my savage and relized that something doesnt have to break after every run, was when I got excited about the hobby. I had $1600 into a Tmaxx that my stock .25 savage was stronger, more reliable and faster.. So that had left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. But I own a E-revo today and really like it.
Traxxas does good for the hobby such as sponsoring stuff like the core trucks and these semi's, but I dont like how they seem to pray on noobs with there unrealistic speed ratings that are huge on the boxes and adds. (Speed is always a noobs 1st question. They tend to think faster ='s better). I also dont like how they seem to take parts from exsiting stuff to make new trucks. IMO the Revo is the only thing they have really put out in the last 4-5 years that has any enginuity to it. Im also not a fan of how they slap a new mill into the truck and consider that the "New" truck. (From pro .15, to 2.5, to 2.5r, to 3.3 etc). But all in all Id say its a decent company and deffinatly opened the gates for Nitro.
The CORR trucks are sponsored by Traxxas because the Owner of Traxxas drives one! I HATE Traxxas and even I have a Slash!! You just can't killem' Gotta givem' props though, they have come a LOOOONG way from when they started. +1 for Traxxas.....I bleed blue (Associated)
Old 01-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by christophorous
they sure are heading the right direction. coming out with the slash is just a super brilliant idea. i can only imagine how much they made from that project and its still going
Traxxas was like the 3rd company to make the corr truck. They are FAR FROM the inventers of the corr truck. Thunder tiger made a corr truck back in like 2001. Traxxas just had the money to advertise it and really pump it out there.. And even then, theres no real ingenuity in the slash. Dont get me wrong, its a great truck, is tough as nails, is a great price and I even owned one myself but its completely made with parts from there other rigs. It was probably made by a traxxas worker that was bored and started mixing and matching parts..lol..
Old 01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hpi should take some serious notes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:14 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i saw em with a decal in front of a roof cam on 1 racer at the 24hrs of daytona. their gettin it out there. i'm not a traxxas person i will say, but anythin that promotes the hobby. hope they do it more responsibly than others in the past

R
Old 01-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Traxxas was like the 3rd company to make the corr truck. They are FAR FROM the inventers of the corr truck. Thunder tiger made a corr truck back in like 2001. Traxxas just had the money to advertise it and really pump it out there.. And even then, theres no real ingenuity in the slash. Dont get me wrong, its a great truck, is tough as nails, is a great price and I even owned one myself but its completely made with parts from there other rigs. It was probably made by a traxxas worker that was bored and started mixing and matching parts..lol..
Thanks 4u2nv, always good to know a bit of history behind any success. Isnt it amazing how things happen. As you said, it was probably just a traxxas worker that was bored and started mixing and matching parts. And with some advertising and good presentation, it is what it is now.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://www.traxxas.com/scripts/trxne...php?newsid=204

WOW! speed will cover THE TRAXXAS OFFROAD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES!
very exciting as it will be aired on TV including SPEED. and ESPN2
Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

I am actually glad that it's based off of trucks that already exist. When the Slash was released that meant that there were many spare parts already in stock when it came out.

That is one thing I didn't get is why didn't more R/C companies try and go more mainstream with their advertising? To me it makes total sense most people who are into racing R/Cs probably have at least a passing interest in full-size motorsports. And people who are sitting at home who enjoy watching motorsports might also be interested in racing something that they don't have to take a second mortgage out on their house for.

I really think more R/C companies should jump on that bandwagon.