R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   VRC Pro – The New R/C Racing Simulator & Community! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/vrc-pro-%96-new-r-c-racing-simulator-community-163/)
-   -   Getting very frustrated (https://www.rctech.net/forum/vrc-pro-%96-new-r-c-racing-simulator-community/731139-getting-very-frustrated.html)

tallcardinalfan 05-18-2013 10:03 PM

Getting very frustrated

Hello all.
I'm very frustrated with this game. I downloaded the free version to see if I like it. Right now I'm NOT! I can't even get the truck to turn the right direction yet alone the throttle not to go for bore.

Can anyone tell me which plug goes in to the throttle and steering. I have a solid green light on the receiver and radio has been BIND to the controller.

I want this to work but I'm completely lost on why I'm having these issues.

PLEASE HELP!!!:confused:

johnny boy 05-19-2013 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by tallcardinalfan (Post 12166770)
Hello all.
I'm very frustrated with this game. I downloaded the free version to see if I like it. Right now I'm NOT! I can't even get the truck to turn the right direction yet alone the throttle not to go for bore.

Can anyone tell me which plug goes in to the throttle and steering. I have a solid green light on the receiver and radio has been BIND to the controller.

I want this to work but I'm completely lost on why I'm having these issues.

PLEASE HELP!!!:confused:

you have to calibrate your radio to the computer. go into settings on the game and go to calibrate. a box should pop up go to calibrate and move your steering wheel to the left and right and hit throttle and brake and the plus sign should be right in the center of the box. hit save and should be good to go.

tallcardinalfan 05-19-2013 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by johnny boy (Post 12166980)
you have to calibrate your radio to the computer. go into settings on the game and go to calibrate. a box should pop up go to calibrate and move your steering wheel to the left and right and hit throttle and brake and the plus sign should be right in the center of the box. hit save and should be good to go.

It wouldn't even let me do that.

tallcardinalfan 05-19-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by johnny boy (Post 12166980)

okay got that part, There is way to much lag time, I can't get the view to zoom in this stinks.

shagino 05-19-2013 09:44 AM

Did you try turning down the settings? What type of HW are you running on?

johnny boy 05-19-2013 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by tallcardinalfan (Post 12167506)
okay got that part, There is way to much lag time, I can't get the view to zoom in this stinks.

ya try turning down all of your settings. To be honest i hated it at first but i went and bought a graphics card and i love it now. Depends how much you really want to get in to the simulator.. closest thing to rc racing besides actually going to the track..

tallcardinalfan 05-19-2013 03:38 PM

Eh, i was giving it a try. too much frustration. Selling the usb now i guess

miss racing 06-24-2013 10:44 AM

KamRcGuy 06-26-2013 12:44 PM

Dude you cant just play it on a crappy PC, this is a PC game not an RC motor its not just plug and play, go buy yourself a 400$ graphic card and you will be able to play

silveraider14 06-26-2013 07:17 PM

ya a good computer is needed for this game. i had a old crappy one and got a new one and runs like a dream! if your selling the usb im intrested ;)

MikeXray 07-01-2013 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by KamRcGuy (Post 12292736)
Dude you cant just play it on a crappy PC, this is a PC game not an RC motor its not just plug and play, go buy yourself a 400$ graphic card and you will be able to play

You do NOT need a $400 graphics card, but you do need a fairly recent PC with the min or better suggest processor and a card in the $100 range.

valk 08-03-2013 04:03 PM

sucks you had a bad experience. no need to make angry posts though.

VRC will run on anything with a core 2 duo or faster. can be the slowest one, as long as you have a dedicated graphics card.
you do NOT need to spend $400 to play this game, thats a crap lol.

I picked up a used radeon 5850 which is still rediculously overkill for this game. cost me $120 on craigslist. a new card in the $150 range will handle it just fine as well.
everyone has a friend who does computers. give him some beer to put it in, done.

as for hooking it up, it can be a little annoying as the wires dont come labeled. in future usb devices, VRI should have tags identifying the channels on the stick though its 50/50 which is which.
with the vrc adapter plugged in and vrc started, i hook it to my rx and give some input to see how vrc reads the input. in the controlers tab in options, there are two fields that tell you how much input on steering and throttle it sees at a time.

you do need to run windows game controller calibration which isnt really spelled out, but doesnt take many brain cells to figure out when your in it. the only thing that matters there is when it asks you to move the axis around in a circle to find center. thats a combination of steering and throttle. the little plus sign will be slightly low of the center depending how your throttle is set. 70/30 50/50 ect.

its unfortunate you had issues. though vrc is definitely a pcgame so any of the requirements that would apply to a 2011 vintage game applies here. of course, the details are unimportant. the game doesnt look that much better at max detail than it does at lowest. if you use vrc as a training aid as it is intended, you will never see any of the pretty effects heh.

FFred 09-30-2013 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by KamRcGuy (Post 12292736)

400$ graphic card ?
I can get 120 to 180 FPS at 1280x720 (no shadow and dust but every other option at High)with a 40$ (GT220) graphic card and a Core i3.

With an HD6770 and the same Core i3, I get 500FPS in this settings, or 200 in 1920x1080.
It goes down to 60FPS if I add shadow and dust, but it's a less than 100$ graphic card.

400$ is even more than you need for the computer total price.

geejay 10-09-2013 12:30 PM

I run this on a 300 dollar laptop. No issues.