why does my servo feel slow?

Old 08-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default why does my servo feel slow?

I have been messing around with VRC for over a month now, and I have to say that over all my thoughts, is that this is an awesome program/ game/ tuning tool, or whatever you wanna call it.
However, I have one major problem.
I am using a Futaba 4pks and the 3nt adapter, but it feels like I have the slowest standard servo in every car.
I am not on the fastest computer either, but I have 8gig of ram, a brand new radeon HD6670, and a dual core amd at roughly 3ghz. so the game runs great at a consistent 60fps.

so currently this is what I have done to try to make the servo feel like the .06 transit time that its programmed for.

-running everything at highest quality except for... Turned off all shadows.
-switched from the older C1 Futaba receiver to a C2
-ensured all of my drivers (video card, usb, etc...) were up to date.

each little thing seems to have made it a bit faster, but it just still feels like there is a huge delay between my inputs on my radio, and the response on the screen.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this also and if you know of a solution. I really like vrc. but its frustrating when It feels like its unresponsive.
Thanks.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Same here, thats the only thing I cant stand. I hate slow servos. I hope they dont make us have to BUY a virtual servo!

Mine doesnt feel like delay, it feels more like slow speed.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Outkast187 View Post
Same here, thats the only thing I cant stand. I hate slow servos. I hope they dont make us have to BUY a virtual servo!

Mine doesnt feel like delay, it feels more like slow speed.
I have a similar question open on the VRC World forums, Ill post back here if I find anything of help to this problem. It just seems weird because you would think you'd be able to feel a throttle delay too, but it it seems to only be steering.
I know for a fact that VRC is programmed to be a .06 servo but it sure feels more like .26
Old 11-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Smile slow servo

I have a qual core amd @3G 4g ram and 5770 ,maxium everything on graphics.(don't see any difference when running at lower setting). frame rate at 60.
The servo does feel like a slow servo around .13s. I try different radio. m11x and ko ex1-ur fm. On kyosho track (a very tight track), swithiching the radio to fm makes a big different and I am thinking getting a m12 just because of vrcpro. even 10 frame rate of the radio (fm is around 122. m11x is 110)is very noticeable. When I use m11x, I have to pay more attention, plan ahead.. drive very carefully to just get around the track. When I use FM .. I can just turn and turn .If I make a mistake I still have time to turn because the car react faster. I am not a good driver at all so the control of the radio become so much more important when I just make mistake.
I was wondering the reason behind it and I come to a conclusion that it is not just the 2.4G radio delay.The program has to calculate the steering angle and speed. roll, traction .......and then draw it on the screen.
Hope one day VRCPRO can found a solution for this only major problem of the program. Still I am enjoying my vrcpro