Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By AHR43

Rebuild RC10T3

Old 04-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rebuild RC10T3

What up fellas?

I am 30years old from New Orleans and I want to get back into the RC world as a hobby. I am currently looking at several new kits and doing research on what I am going to purchase. In the mean time I dug out my old RC10T3. It was a great buggy for the time and I would love to resurrect it. I see that sourcing parts will be a pain but it should be do-able. I am going to post detailed photos of it later after work but I really need your guys help with what parts I need to replace, finding them and what motor, esc setups to go with. Off the bat I know I will need some shocks, possibly shock towers, a motor, rear motor plate, esc, etc.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Bud
Tech Regular

There's still a ton of parts for the t3 on ebay.. rc10t3 | eBay
Old 04-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You can also get most of the parts directly from Associated.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man it's vintage, put it on display and get something newer!
Old 10-21-2019, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mortal_wombat View Post
What up fellas?

I am 30years old from New Orleans and I want to get back into the RC world as a hobby. I am currently looking at several new kits and doing research on what I am going to purchase. In the mean time I dug out my old RC10T3. It was a great buggy for the time and I would love to resurrect it. I see that sourcing parts will be a pain but it should be do-able. I am going to post detailed photos of it later after work but I really need your guys help with what parts I need to replace, finding them and what motor, esc setups to go with. Off the bat I know I will need some shocks, possibly shock towers, a motor, rear motor plate, esc, etc.
Greetings wombat and T3 fans. 76 years old here, from Houston. Guess that makes me 'vintage' too. Ever finish and race that vintage T3? What set up and power unit did you end up with? Got any pictures?

Here's my T3. Currently the points leader on my backyard natural turf oval. Bought the complete roller off Ebay for $150. Re-set the suspension to AE box stock set-up sheet and that's the way she runs. Power unit is HW 13.5 Justock combo and GensAce 2s x 4600 Lipo 'shorty'. Next season she'll get a battery upgrade to full length 2s x 5000 Lipo to get her weight up. Radio is Futaba 4PLS T-FHSS.

Cheers and Regards. AC

Last edited by AHR43; 10-21-2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling correction