Kyosho Raider build.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Raider build.

Hey all,

I'm a regular in the Electric off road area but this is my first post in the vintage section and I'm looking for help.

As a kid my first kit buggy was a Kyosho Raider 2wd. I loved that car and ran it everywhere. I wanted to race so bad when I was a kid but alas no tracks were near me. Fast forward 20 years and I finally got to make my childhood dream happen and now I'm hooked again on RC and have become decent enough to be asked to join the Kyosho team who I now run for. Anyway...
The more I race and build new kits the more I've been wanting to locate and find a Kyosho Raider - my first buggy (which I traded for a sega gensis back in the early 90s dammit!)

I found a mint Kyosho super bomber which is the identical car but with a different body shell. I've been able to locate a new Raider body but I'm having a really hard time finding the decal sheet for the car. I know some have reproduced it but I can't seem to locate it.

If anyone has any insight here on any needed upgrades and information I'd appreciate it. I'm considering using a mild 17.5 motor with a brushless ESC to power it just for modern convenience. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by Tamiyadan; 04-17-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just found and ordered those thanks!
Old 02-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When you have the Raider built I would love to see pictures. It was my first car and I loved the thing. About 7 years ago before I got back into RC....I ended up selling it. I would love to have it back.