Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Vintage Forum
What to do?  BNIB JrxPro >

What to do? BNIB JrxPro

What to do? BNIB JrxPro

Old 09-12-2016, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What to do? BNIB JrxPro

Hello,

I am new to these boards, and I was curious if you all could help me decide what I should do with my cars. I am torn between sell and move on to newschool, or just keep them. I know what the 'modern' guys say, but do any of you run your vintage cars without much fear of it being it's last run ?

The main struggle is the JrxPro, which brand new in the box and I never built it! It is like a time capsule when I open the box, and so cool to look at . Pricing sheet from the 90's, manual, all decals, and all parts still bagged and labeled. Would you sell this, wait, part it out, or build it?

I also have 2 built Junior 2s, 1 built Jrx2, and a Kyosho Big Brute with melted tires and a broken chassis...although I have a brand new replacement!

Basically, the only ones I feel comfortable running are the Jrs, and who knows how long that would last.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2016, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NLosi View Post
Hello,

I am new to these boards, and I was curious if you all could help me decide what I should do with my cars. I am torn between sell and move on to newschool, or just keep them. I know what the 'modern' guys say, but do any of you run your vintage cars without much fear of it being it's last run ?

The main struggle is the JrxPro, which brand new in the box and I never built it! It is like a time capsule when I open the box, and so cool to look at . Pricing sheet from the 90's, manual, all decals, and all parts still bagged and labeled. Would you sell this, wait, part it out, or build it?

I also have 2 built Junior 2s, 1 built Jrx2, and a Kyosho Big Brute with melted tires and a broken chassis...although I have a brand new replacement!

Basically, the only ones I feel comfortable running are the Jrs, and who knows how long that would last.

Thanks
If your in to Losi's keep it and leave it in the box. When you are ready to sell it will be worth more like it.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Move on and keep your Jrx. Parts are hard to come by.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had many JRX's. The Pro is my personal favorite. I don't personally keep things new in box as I don't have room to just store things away. I'm also not partial to shelf queens that see no use but am also not a fan of just selling things that I like. It's a tough choice. It depends how emotionally attached to it you are.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

keep it as is and get a used one from ebay, its new only once but there are plenty of used ones out there for not too much money, relative i reckon, but i've seen decent rollers for >$100, just my 2cents