Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Vintage Forum
Vintage Tamiya Bruiser Question >

Vintage Tamiya Bruiser Question

Vintage Tamiya Bruiser Question

Old 07-22-2016, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Vintage Tamiya Bruiser Question

When the original Bruiser was released, what controllers were used? I had one but I don't remember which Futaba it was. 4 channel air? It had gear shifter, high low, on the left stick.......and forward, reverse, left, right on the right stick.
Any help would be great. Looking for a that vintage controller to give me the same functions.
Let me know, maybe a few model #'s would help.
Thanks....
Old 07-23-2016, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Tamiya Bruiser came as a kit which had to be built. Things like the radio control, battery & charger was purchased separately - but any ground transmitter would've been suitable provided it had enough channels. Some transmitters have the stearing on one side (or vice Vera) but some transmitters can have the control sticks swapped over. I don't have a Bruiser any more but still have a Hilux 4x4 highlift truck. Both had Futaba radio transmitters - I've always preferred this brand & stuck with them. The problem with old radio gear is unless they've been really well looked after they often become temperamental especially if there's any form of corrosion. So I got a Futaba 4YF set second hand but there are many different sets available now. If you need something cheap try hobbyking but personally I recommend amain hobbies & get a reputable brand. If you really want something period correct for your truck at a great price make a wanted thread here.

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 07-23-2016 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Correct on the build part, so I know you had to purchase the controller you wanted at that time by itself.
The radio was a 4 channel and I don't think there were many made at that time for surface use. That's why I think it was for an airplane. Working on a vintage build and would like to get an old 4 channel radio I can use for it.....
Old 08-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It was easy to get a surface (75 MHz) stick radio at the time. And if the radio was on 27 MHz that was surface or air.

If you're still interested in a vintage radio for your build I have a Futaba stick radio I was supposed to use in a boat, but never installed it. I guess that makes it New Old Stock. It's somewhere in the basement. Contact me if you're interested.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My Dad used a Futaba Magnum Sr.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Radio

I think most used a futaba stick 4ch radio . Possibly the Futaba Attack
I believe this is what I used but an older version
Old 09-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by Tamiyadan; 04-17-2019 at 08:30 AM.