1986-2005 RC car action magazines >

1986-2005 RC car action magazines

Like Tree9Likes

1986-2005 RC car action magazines

Old 12-01-2020, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thewadd View Post
I would like a copy of April 1991 the one with the Yellow Tamiya King cab on the cover thx

You mean the Tamiya Bullhead?
RCCA April 91 Issue
Old 12-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those years of RCCA were the best. They had a section for tech tips. They would explain every little adjustment on a car and tell you how it would effect the handling. That's where I learned to tune my RC vehicles. It is also a place where racers and bashers would add tips modifying your vehicle the less expensive way. Of course, some of the tips were definitely from the book of Jerry Rigs, like using a drinking straw to direct air to your motor to help cool it down. NO!!! I did not do that to my car.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Hard at work with one of my New Year's Resolutions. Organizing my back-issues of RCCA and R/C Car. Some full issues and some article cut-outs (kept with front and back covers). Working an old spreadsheet to organize the full issue and cut-out articles by subject of interest. Lots of really great vintage stuff here and useful even today. Really miss the print magazines, both RCCA and R/C Car, from back in the day. Fortunate that at least some have survived in my archive.

Happy New Year and Cheers, Guys and Gals. 'AC'

Last edited by AHR43; 01-01-2021 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add a conjunction
Old 01-12-2021, 11:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for posting this, glad to see these are still viewable online. I've got a bunch of them in a box in my garage attic but it's been years since I looked at them. Air Age was a great company and RCCA was at the height of it's powers back in the '89-95 era. Miss those times!

- Alex S.
AHR43 likes this.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fig865 View Post
You mean the Tamiya Bullhead?
RCCA April 91 Issue

Wow...
I actually remember that issue.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Really miss that copy of RCCA hitting the mailbox monthly. Tired my hand at blogs and websites, but neither fill the vacuum left by departing print magazines. Forums are o.k., but to me fall short of providing a concise well edited technical article and race report a professional print publication offered. Still like the feel and portability of a magazine. Pete (Vieira) is making a good try at bringing RCCA back again-if he is still at the helm.

Have almost finished the cut-and-clip on all the issues in archive. Only two years, give or take, left to do. Over two hundred line item entries on a spread sheet of separate articles. I save the front and back covers as well. Some great cover shots there.

My living room magazine rack is empty, save for the lone issue of AMA 'American Motorcyclist' arriving monthly that has managed to survive extinction. To that end, beginning this year with a January issue, am publishing my own in-house magazine for my back yard grass track oval. Who knows, might even mail it to myself for an added bit of nostalgia.

Cheers. 'AC'

Last edited by AHR43; 01-16-2021 at 07:10 AM. Reason: sentence structure