Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 30Tooth

Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life

Old 04-16-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life

And here's mine.

Finding this RC10GT here in Portugal is like finding a needle in a haystack, a tiny needle in a very big haystack. According to seller it ran 10 minutes and then onto storage, 15 year ago.
A little surface rust on some screws, the balloons used to protect the receiver and the receiver pack are rotten, no sign of fuel inside the tank or dust around the engine, spur gear looks new.

The mesh is too tight and the flywheel is lose. Other than that oh the AA's took a charge! The servos needed to be trimmed and that's it. What is confusing to me is the HPI stickers and engine. Would this be a RTR version?
Attached Thumbnails Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life-dscn0132.jpg   Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life-dscn0133.jpg   Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life-dscn0134.jpg   Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life-dscn0135.jpg   Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life-dscn0138.jpg  

Last edited by 30Tooth; 04-16-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

More pics.
Attached Thumbnails Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life-dscn0139.jpg   Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life-dscn0140.jpg   Everyone needs a little pullstart in their life-dscn0137.jpg  
Old 04-16-2016, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I did some googling. I would say it's an Team Associated RC10GT. With a 1.5 HPI motor on it. Those look like RC10 gold pan shocks for sure. That makes me wonder how many RC10 parts would fit on it. Notice the flat side of the chassis on the left. Nice find!

RC10GT- Cold start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqn1bTb4Zxw
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

RC10GT Speed Runs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8D8a5fInmk
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This shows a different chassis, so maybe there was 2 different series? This looks like an HPI MT1 or 2 chassis.
Team Associated RC10GT from the year 2000
+ YouTube Video
Old 04-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Bud
Tech Addict

Definitly an Associated RC10 tub chassis truck. The blue chassis truck is a later version of the same truck. I've still got a couple of them. Good trucks.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spookie View Post
I did some googling. I would say it's an Team Associated RC10GT. With a 1.5 HPI motor on it. Those look like RC10 gold pan shocks for sure. That makes me wonder how many RC10 parts would fit on it. Notice the flat side of the chassis on the left. Nice find!

RC10GT- Cold start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqn1bTb4Zxw
+ YouTube Video

RC10GT Speed Runs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8D8a5fInmk
+ YouTube Video

This shows a different chassis, so maybe there was 2 different series? This looks like an HPI MT1 or 2 chassis.
Team Associated RC10GT from the year 2000
+ YouTube Video
My bad, seller didn't knew what it was but I did forgot to add that to first post. It is a last series rc10gt, the black arms and shock caps are a good indicator. What threw me off is the engine. This is an OS manufactured HPI engine because of how the carb attaches, one screw each side just like my first tamiya the with a fs12s. I mean, an AE with a HPI engine? How?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

very cool
Old 04-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Nice truck indeed! That engine is an HPI Nitro Star .15 FE, it was the stock engine for the original HPI Nitro Rush non Evo. I used to have that same engine in my Rush. Decent power output for it's era, tunes great and holds a tune great as well. I put about 10 or so hard running gallons through mine before it threw a crank bearing. Still ran well even with the bearing leaking everywhere, but was eventually replaced by a Nitro Star T .15. Great little engine!
Old 04-18-2016, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks, thought it was a close relative to the Tamiya FS12, which used an AAN piston and liner, what a relieve.
Going to need SAE tools in the meantime.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That was my first RC grade car, so much fun!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Wow time flies!
Update, Tuesday bought 15% nitro solely for this bad boy, Wednesday fired the engine (all good!) and today was donuts day! Well almost, I had removed the clutch spring because I read you should do that (friendly advise don't) and today re did the clutch. What a nice little car, clutch slipping like mad but enough to build some speed. Really happy to have this truck, want to run it everyday.
AHR43 likes this.