• 1 Post By Dirt-Racer
  • 1 Post By Dirt-Racer
  • 3 Post By SocalSnakeEyes

RC #22. RC10 buggy

Old 05-01-2021, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default RC #22. RC10 buggy

New to me RC10 "A" stamp. Parts are red or purple (faded pink) What do you think?

Hot Trick front end

64 pitch gears. Losi spur.

Dirt-Racer likes this.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Lots of awesome there. I like the speed control, motor connector, and tires. Those B&R motors were cranked just a bit.
Best part might be the chassis, doesn't appear to be cut down or drilled like many.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Lots of awesome there. I like the speed control, motor connector, and tires. Those B&R motors were cranked just a bit.
Best part might be the chassis, doesn't appear to be cut down or drilled like many.
There is one little hole to get to the servo saver and some ruff cut holes to change the battery mount and servo. That's it!

The B&R is cool. And a great motor for it time. I would run it if it was rebuildable. That said, I have a nice Green Machine 2. "Slim"

Last edited by SocalSnakeEyes; 05-01-2021 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

I had someone keep telling me the car is a bushing car including the trans. So, I had to take apart the trans. It is and was very smooth. I really didn't want to but.......

Should make this a "Cadillac" going off the trans.
Dirt-Racer likes this.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Who said it's not rebuildable? hehe
Old 05-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Who said it's not rebuildable? hehe
I don't have the old school stock lathe or I would consider it. Don't see a reason to hurt the tabs is all.
Dave H likes this.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wowzers, that's taken a hammering, it looks like it was either left out in the open or in the garage for a very long time. I would go with the "prior"? surprisingly, the spur looks like it aged well or not? lol
SocalSnakeEyes likes this.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dirt-Racer View Post
Wowzers, that's taken a hammering, it looks like it was either left out in the open or in the garage for a very long time. I would go with the "prior"? surprisingly, the spur looks like it aged well or not? lol
I would guess a box in the garage or shed since 1994 when the worlds car came out. But at that it should have had a esc. The trans seems low mileage and very smooth and that goes it being run a lot. The white gears are said to be early RC10. Spur gear is a Losi and is in very good shape actually.

Last edited by SocalSnakeEyes; 05-04-2021 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Got the inside of the tub cleaned up so I can see the hand cut work.I'm going to leave the bottom the way it is with all it's story marks.

Inside

Bottom
Old 05-05-2021, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

What's your plan with the chassis?
Old 05-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

What's your plan with the chassis?
My thoughts are to clean up some of the screw holes that where drilled to mount the servo then paint it with MetalCast purple to match the parts that are dyed purple. More to protect the aluminum than anything else. The MetalCast will still let the "story marks" show though, keeping it's story visible.
After that, re dye the purple plastic parts and build it to be a vintage racer. I have a Novak 410 I need to rebuild and I would run a Green Machine 2 for a motor.
No one has told me this is some "famous" car or anything. I have wanted one for a all time and this is a good one other than looks.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it too.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SocalSnakeEyes View Post
My thoughts are to clean up some of the screw holes that where drilled to mount the servo then paint it with MetalCast purple to match the parts that are dyed purple. More to protect the aluminum than anything else.
The MetalCast will still let the "story marks" show though, keeping it's story visible
After that, re dye the purple plastic parts and build it to be a vintage racer. I have a Novak 410 I need to rebuild and I would run a Green Machine 2 for a motor.
No one has told me this is some "famous" car or anything. I have wanted one for a all time and this is a good one other than looks.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it too.

I have a different take on the Chassis but your plan is great idea also and something that flew over mind. I was thinking of blasting it lighty (since it's aluminum) to smoothen everything even, then buff it shiny. Agree on the re-dye'ing of the plastics. You have a bit of everything Idea which is good! I'm either one or the other, history or retro lol. But then I'm a dinosaur
Old 05-09-2021, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

I haven't ruled out making it shiny again, I just know how much work that will be. It would also mean keeping up on that polish. I can't keep up with that stuff on my full size cars let alone something I would need to take apart every time I had to clean it. I'm not sure I could clear coat it after a polish. If I had a small sand blaster I would be more open to that. I just wonder if the old owner would have had the chassis anodized purple if he/she could have. I like the resto idea and if it was polished right the first time it would have stayed nice and I would bring that back. Or even if it was a case of bringing back the gold I would do more of a resto.
That's why I think a "resto-mod" type of approach maybe best for the build. Fear not, I'm not going to cut holes in it or do something that can't be reversed. I have more respect for it than that. Just a good clean up of the parts, maybe some new bearing if I can't find the one I'm missing and, a custom paint job for the chassis and body that will play off each other.
It's rims and tires I'm going to have to dig up.
I understand asking, I've seen a lot of nice cars, RC and real, destroyed by "kids" making them new and cool. At 38, I'm right in between "kid" and "old fart".
Old 05-10-2021, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

I have a different take on the Chassis but your plan is great idea also and something that flew over mind. I was thinking of blasting it lighty (since it's aluminum) to smoothen everything even, then buff it shiny. Agree on the re-dye'ing of the plastics. You have a bit of everything Idea which is good! I'm either one or the other, history or retro lol. But then I'm a dinosaur
I got this to give it a shot.