Yokomo MR-4 Rally

Old 07-01-2019, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Yokomo MR-4 Rally

Hi,

I am new to these forums and moderately experienced with RC terminology and technologies but I am out of touch with current trends and tech.. Enough of the pre-amble.....I have a Yokomo MR-4 Rally, 100% stock, but I do not have batteries for it to test it. What I do have is LiPo chargers and batteries as I have a more recent RC helicopter (Align Trex 450 Pro) so I could buy appropriate LiPo batteries but that would probably mean the ESC needs changing and whilst I am at it I would replace the brushed motor too. My questions are this....

....bearing in mind the age of the car what would be a good LiPo, ESC, motor combo to get this thing up and running so I can use it for 'fun'? As I said previously I am out of touch with manufacturers, brand names etc. so any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Stephen Westrip
Old 07-06-2019, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If you are looking for budget options to get it rolling, I would recommend a Hobbywing justock or 10bl60/120 sensored esc and a 17.5t or 13.5t motor. I've had good luck with trackstar motors, they're cheap and work great. Grab a Gens ace or Zee 2s lipo and you'll be all set. The classified section here is a great way to get gear if you are ok with used- or PM me and I can set you up