kyosho outrage st ??? >

kyosho outrage st ???

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Capt_Splatt

kyosho outrage st ???

Old 05-18-2019, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default kyosho outrage st ???

i have a kyosho outrage st im thinking about putting back together. if memory serves me it's a 2wd stadium truck based of a dumbed down ultima or optima. so my questions are, are any of the rereleased stuff compatible with the old stuff? will any of the rereleased parts work on my truck? anyone know a parts source other than ebay? the truck is complete, i mostly need gears and a diff and wheels/tires. rears are hex, not sure of the size. fronts are spindle mounts. does anybody still make those? they are a standard 2.2 so im hoping at the very least wheels/tires will be easy to source
Old 05-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I put an Outrage ST together a few years back to go vintage raging. Depending on how keen you are to stay original will depend on how difficult getting its going will be. Team Blue Groove (TBG) do make a re-pro body for them. Decals I'm not sure about but it would be worth checking MCI racing. The kit shocks are junk, I'd recommend replacing them if you want it to actually handle. Tamiya rear truck rims are a little narrower in the offset, but they work OK. Any of the hex drive 2.2 rears will fit. The from axles are only 4mm (as opposed to Tamiya and most modern stuff having 5mm) but you can source 4mm x 11mm bearings off ebay cheaply which opens up your options considerably.

As far as know, the out drives from the re-re optima will fit and *maybe* the gearbox internals (Kyosho didn't spend too much time thinking about the Outrage gearbox, its pretty much just an UIltima). Chassis, shock towers and swing arms will need to be Outrage, but they made heaps of cars in that series, so there should be parts floating around if you need specifics.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

originally doesn't matter. it's already pretty modified. in the early 2000's i found out that Tower Hobbies had a nitro stadium truck called the ST-15 that had a lot of interchangeable suspension parts. so i bought a well used parts car. so my Outrage has a bunch of that stuff on it already. if i have to buy all the parts to put a whole modern rerelease gear box in it im ok with it. i just don't want to have to drill holes. the stock plastic is weak enough as is, it doesn't need extra holes.

ill have to look into the Team Blue Groove body, it's currently got a Parma 54 F100 body on it and it's beyond thrashed and going back to the original look would be cool.

so Tamiya Stadium Blitzer wheels should work? be cool cause i think my LHS has them in stock. im assuming any 2.2 truck tire will fit that wheel?
Old 05-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, the Tamiya rims are 2.2 and will fit, but the off-set will be up to a 1/4 inch narrower from memory, so they will change the stance (and potentially the handling of the truck).
Old 05-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

handling was poor when the truck was new. im sure having decent tires would more than make up for any shortcomings wheel offset causes.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

But the aesthetics??!
Retro_Guy likes this.