Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Vintage Forum
Compatibility of Parts - TA03 PRO >

Compatibility of Parts - TA03 PRO

Compatibility of Parts - TA03 PRO

Old 01-29-2019, 07:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Compatibility of Parts - TA03 PRO

Hey All,

So I haven't really RC'ed in about 8-9 years and recently was clearing out a cupboard and rediscovered my stash of cars and in turn rediscovered my love for them. I have a TT01D, a TA03F and a TA03R, but going through my spares box i realised i have almost a complete TA03F PRO in there as well.

So I went through the TA03F PRO manual last night trying to assemble and work out which pieces i was missing and there's quite a bit but most are still obtainable. One thing I'm missing is the entire rear diff assembly. Now I've been looking at the replacement parts and whoever is holding the Metal Parts bags these days is asking for an exorbitant amount of money for them, but there is a possible solution.

I found this - 53267 TA03 BALL DIFFERENTIAL.

It seems to be the whole TA03 PRO assembly (Beige 0.4 Gear sets), and its a lot cheaper than finding Metal Parts bags.. Can anyone confirm if this is exactly what it is and if the fitment would be exact because that would be swell. It also kills a couple of birds for me with missing parts (i.e. Axle Stubs)
Old 01-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by Tamiyadan; 04-17-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tamiyadan
it has been many years but 53267 should be the same as the parts in the TA03 pro kit.

basically the ta01,ta02,ta03,tl01,ff01/02 used the same diff assembly. there was narrow diff gear used on the 01/02 but many people used it on the 03 because it slightly reduced static friction in the gearbox.

the pro was basically a stock 03 kit with some packaged tamiya hop ups pre-included and the FRP chassis set
alright awesome cheers for that.. i shall order away then. i'll need two sets coz im missing the pressure plate from the front diff as well

another one i hit a brick wall on is the part listed as 'Tube' that the Spur Gear sits on top of... the manual doesn't have a code for this part and I'm definitely missing it.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by Tamiyadan; 04-17-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tamiyadan
you talking about the part MA27 on page 6? the 5x16mm tube

for that part you have a couple of options

one the offical hopup was a carbon tube replacement
Thank you sir, gent and a scholar. Those are like hens teeth to find now.. couldn't locate one, BUT, I have come up with an alternative that might be sacreligious but fix the missing part..

HPI E-Firestorm Idler Pulley shaft is also 5x16mm Ordered one.. will see how it goes when it arrives