R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Vintage Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/vintage-forum-190/)
-   -   Vintage - Victor Engineering (https://www.rctech.net/forum/vintage-forum/1024355-vintage-victor-engineering.html)

PaulV 08-22-2018 12:47 AM

Vintage - Victor Engineering

Hi All
Its been a long time since Victor Engineering has not been around.
But who ever remembers these awesome Electronics - come and chat.

I would love to discuss the updates and modifications made to the units.
I am looking for anything Victor for a facebook page and website

Looking for anything really but after

Source Code for the Eprom
Schematics
Eprom Bin / Hex Image Files (Trying to make a nice little collection of them all)
Pictures and Information
Updates from IQ to IQ3000 (any lipo)

Come and chat and lets all discuss show me what you have.

Thanks
Paul

PaulV 10-03-2018 06:58 PM

Hi Again ,
If anybody please has any Victor Engineering Gear (include Eproms / Parts e.t.c) that you are wanting to get rid of please let me know

Thanks
Paul

jjarment 10-10-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by PaulV (Post 15310805)
Hi Again ,
If anybody please has any Victor Engineering Gear (include Eproms / Parts e.t.c) that you are wanting to get rid of please let me know

Thanks
Paul

i have esc from them.

tom! 11-25-2018 04:58 PM

I have a stash of a few chargers in various states of disrepair. I ended up repairing a bunch for local racers over the years, and I made a few tweaks to customize menus for the proms as well.

Awesome chargers from a user experience point of view due to the 12-key keypad.

I'd have to dig around to find some of the PROM images, I think they're on a computer that I haven't turned on in 15 years...

tom! 12-04-2018 10:24 AM

I can find binaries for the following:
Hi IQ
Hi IQ Sr
IQ 3
IQ 3000

I'm not sure why I don't see Jr binaries; probably because I had no interest in programming one.

Oh yah, the file dates are 2000-05-18 and 2000-05-19. The Hi-IQ had been out for quite a while by then!

tom! 12-10-2018 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I have...

Theibault 12-13-2018 09:14 AM

I still have a Super IQ that i use to break in brushed motors with. Loved all their products back in the day. ;)

tom! 01-04-2019 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by PaulV (Post 15284256)
Hi All
Its been a long time since Victor Engineering has not been around.
But who ever remembers these awesome Electronics - come and chat.

I would love to discuss the updates and modifications made to the units.
I am looking for anything Victor for a facebook page and website

Looking for anything really but after

Source Code for the Eprom
Schematics
Eprom Bin / Hex Image Files (Trying to make a nice little collection of them all)
Pictures and Information
Updates from IQ to IQ3000 (any lipo)

Come and chat and lets all discuss show me what you have.

Thanks
Paul

So what do you have to offer the community?

Tamiyadan 01-05-2019 06:47 AM

delete

PaulV 04-03-2019 02:24 AM

Sorry Guys I haven't been around on the boards for a few months.
I am still making a website and we run a Facebook page if anyone is interested.

Thanks

PaulV 04-03-2019 02:43 AM

Victor Engineering FB Page

The Facebook Page is called Victor Engineering Reloaded

- I run the page with a friend you are very welcome to come in and have a chat there since thats the best contact.
Thanks again for all the information supplied by people on the forums and we do our best to share information

Thanks

PaulV 04-19-2019 02:27 AM

Tom and Forum Go-ers
Please join our Facebook page - any questions please ask we have a few people that love to answer your questions.
Currently we are collecting all the Eprom Files to make a collection - I would love to speak to someone with V8 Firmware from 1988 as we haven't collect these ones yet.
I think unfortunately the Original Owner and Wife is no longer with us are I have tried to contract them over the last few years. I would love to speak to Pre-Owner of Maxtec Joe - if anyone knows his contact details...
Thanks All

TurnNBurn 08-22-2019 05:38 PM

I still have my Hi-IQ, complete in the Hi-IQ carrying case, that I got after winning a 50% discount coupon at a race raffle on the early 90’s. About 20 years ago, I had it upgraded by a guy up in Canada who used to do all kinds of mods and upgrades to them. He added a backlight to my LCD screen, an extra set of power input jacks on the rear, the Super-IQ upgrade (with firmware), and he even added a custom startup message for me in the ROM image. He even threw in a Serial Comm IC that I could use to build a serial port board for printing from the Hi-IQ. Long story short, he was a pleasure to deal and correspond with.I haven’t started it up in about 5 or 6 years. I really should get the ol’ power supply out and make sure she still works.

Shawntar 08-24-2019 11:21 PM

Vintage Victor Engineering

I believe aluminum. There is probably more information on the forum about them if you search. There was a printout about them, but it didnt go into any technical details. Doc might remember too.

PaulV 08-26-2019 05:06 AM

Victor Engineering FB Page

Thanks Turn N Burn and ShawnTar

If you head across to Facebook to our page
Victor Engineering - Reloaded
We have a few people with Victor Knowledge. Yes Sam C did updated in Canada once upon but to no avail I can't find him to chat
If he's around I would love him to join our page

Thanks

Thanks