Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Vintage Forum
Top Force Slipper clutch option EOI >

Top Force Slipper clutch option EOI

Top Force Slipper clutch option EOI

Old 06-17-2018, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Top Force Slipper clutch option EOI

I've been working on a design for awhile now that will allow a slipper clutch to be fitted to a Top Force/Manta Ray gearbox. It's pretty much sorted, so I've contacted MIP to see if they are interested in producing them. They would have a modern ball diff so no more stripping diff splines and it will have a modern slipper clutch with interchangeable 48pitch spurs. Sizing will be limited due to the slipper clutch size, however a larger pinion area would be incorporated into the gearbox to make gearing much easier. The slipper will work conventionally allowing the drivetrain to operate as per normal and the clutch will operate as per a standard clutch. Unfortunately, my lack of skills in 3D modeling and printing has halted my progress on the project.

Many questions or ideas, please post in the link below or here.

If you have any interest in this, please let me know, so I can show MIP it's got some feasibility.

I don't think it would be cheap due to them needing to fabricate the gearbox housing and all of the components and then make a profit from it, but I love running my car and would love to make it capable of running faster without breaking stuff.

If if you're interested, please follow the link to the Top Force and relatives Facebook page and express your interest.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/113715...03036940336833

if you're not on Facebook, please post here.

Regards

Muvro
Old 06-17-2019, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by muvro View Post
I've been working on a design for awhile now that will allow a slipper clutch to be fitted to a Top Force/Manta Ray gearbox. It's pretty much sorted, so I've contacted MIP to see if they are interested in producing them. They would have a modern ball diff so no more stripping diff splines and it will have a modern slipper clutch with interchangeable 48pitch spurs. Sizing will be limited due to the slipper clutch size, however a larger pinion area would be incorporated into the gearbox to make gearing much easier. The slipper will work conventionally allowing the drivetrain to operate as per normal and the clutch will operate as per a standard clutch. Unfortunately, my lack of skills in 3D modeling and printing has halted my progress on the project.

Many questions or ideas, please post in the link below or here.

If you have any interest in this, please let me know, so I can show MIP it's got some feasibility.

I don't think it would be cheap due to them needing to fabricate the gearbox housing and all of the components and then make a profit from it, but I love running my car and would love to make it capable of running faster without breaking stuff.

If if you're interested, please follow the link to the Top Force and relatives Facebook page and express your interest.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/113715...03036940336833

if you're not on Facebook, please post here.

Regards

Muvro
i know this post was a while ago, i run my top force evo at vintage meets in mod with brushless, i havent stripped the splines in the diff or the outdrive, but i agree they look delicate, i have changed the diff internals and outdrives from memory to the tt-02
style, they fit straight in including outdrives without modification as the diffs are of the same style. The outdrives have a flat face on either side of the mating portion into the diff therefore doing away with the spline setup altogether.
ill check tonight when i get home and see what the part number is, (add) i have removed the evo ball diff and fitted the manta ray gear diff to do this, only reason is because im lazy and hate cleaning/rebuilding ball diffs lol

Last edited by TRFHORNET; 06-17-2019 at 07:36 PM. Reason: MORE INFO