AYK or Tsukuda?

Old 02-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default AYK or Tsukuda?

Hello, i'm Johan from Belgium, last week i bought an old rc car and i never seen or heard anything from this car.
The brand on the box is Tsukuda but this brand is only known for static model kits and puppets...
I happen to have also an old AYK from 1979 i think, and this car has the same wheels and rear axle, in the Tsukuda box are two optional gears and thy are marked AYK. The chassis is also black anodized.
Maybe someone know something about this car?
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails AYK or Tsukuda?-20180207_122339.jpg   AYK or Tsukuda?-20180212_141854.jpg   AYK or Tsukuda?-20180212_142918.jpg   AYK or Tsukuda?-20180212_145216.jpg   AYK or Tsukuda?-20180212_144107.jpg  

Old 04-10-2018, 01:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello Johan! I also have the car, but than with the other body, the Mazda Savanna RX-7. I've got the box to and also the manual if you would need it. Information about this car and brand is extremely limited. As far as I was able to discover it isn't an AYK or AYK related, but it it partly based on the old AYK's. Probably made in late '78, or early '79. Some say that they even bought some of their parts like the gears etc, but it wasn't a co-op with AYK as far as I know. Your car looks pretty awesome actually. Isn't it the one from Markplaats?

Greetings, Matty
Old 05-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry for the late resonse, i have the box, manual and some spare parts. ( ja het is die van marktplaats).
do you have photos of your car? in my manual is the RX-7 is pictured.
​​​​​​​i had contact with Tsukuda toy collectors in Japan but they knew nothing about an Tsukuda rc car...