Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Vintage Forum
Vintage Kyosho Optima - to Re Re compatiability? Looking for front A-arm hinge brace. >

Vintage Kyosho Optima - to Re Re compatiability? Looking for front A-arm hinge brace.

Vintage Kyosho Optima - to Re Re compatiability? Looking for front A-arm hinge brace.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Vintage Kyosho Optima - to Re Re compatiability? Looking for front A-arm hinge brace.

I don't even have the name, but its the metal brace in the very front that locates the hinge pins for the front a-arms and has a tab that a screw and nut hold down to the front bumper. No luck on ebay, are the new optimas compatible?
Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Further Inspection, turns out its a custom made part. This optima was intentionally modified to be very light. I'm hoping that hinge brace on the new optimas are the same width, then I can remodify this bracket to just hold the bumper on.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

A picture would be helpful.

What is the spacing of the hinge pins, center-to-center?
Old 02-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I don't know, didn't measure. It looks very close to the same as the 2106 Optima and the Vintage Turbo Optima Mid.

BUT.....

I decided that since this part is available on the RE 2016 Optima as carbon fiber, that it stands to reason that if I made my own part out of carbon fiber then it should hold up. So I ordered a decent sized sheet 200mm x 300mm x 3mm, I plan to make my own front hinge pin brace, shock towers and rear hinge pin brace. Then I'll reuse this homemade front hinge pin brace/bumper bracket to mount the front bumper. If there is anything left over I'll reinforce the custom ultra thin radio plate.

Last edited by sazzlefrats; 02-09-2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling errors