Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[F1] SPC Round one at Ardent Raceway... My day and some pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default [F1] SPC Round one at Ardent Raceway... My day and some pics

Right then, First round been and gone.... Was it good? Did we have fun?

My days run down

Two F1, One ready with RUbber the other with Foam

Rubber:
The car performed as predicted, faultless all day, i knew before i entered i would need some luck to beat Rob, as his car just has more raw pace (mainly out of and into the corners, not actual speed if that makes sense)

Qual: 2nd (happy with that)

Then on to the finals, The first one put a great move onto rob on the first lap only for us to touch(very minor), we both back out of it but our slow speed in an odd place left us to be driven through by Tommo, Rob got away with it, i didnt and was off the track and dead last. After 6 minutes I clawed back to 3rd.

2nd final, not keen to get collected by the pack and ready to make up for my first final i got on it too hot off the line, full burnout/powerslide into a tank slapper and the barrier, yep dead last again!, Made it back to 3rd again after 6mins

Finals 3rd & 3rd

Foam car, now this is more tricky, the F1R had been through some major changes and it was better, it was still very nervous and takes some real hanging onto, every qually was a bad one with traffic and car issues, meaning i put it 7th, In all honesty i was happy with that as its massively improved on late.

Final one.. Make a wicked start and by lap 3 I have worked my way to 2nd and catching the leader, i get within a few car lengths... not sure if it was the tricky handling or the fact i was excited i may have been in with a shot but while trying to take a very neat line to line up for an over take i clip the barrier ripping the wheel off the car..... This was the end of the road as i didnt rebuild it for the second final

All in great days racing, was good to pit with Mark "Dad" B, he helped me ralalise i wasnt going mental with the setup woes of the foam car, really gutted about the first final, although it was a real take out, i have raced with Tommo enough to know this wasnt delibrate and was more than likely cought out by our slower speed at that point

Roll on the next round and some Tarmac!