Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > UK Racing
Wltoys 14001 repair advice for a newbie >

Wltoys 14001 repair advice for a newbie

Wltoys 14001 repair advice for a newbie

Old 05-23-2020, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Wltoys 14001 repair advice for a newbie

Hi,

I just took my wltoys out on an empty car park and hit the the front of the car into the kerb.. The car looks perfect From the outside but I could hear the motor turning So I had a look in inside and the motor is making a noise and spinning but the wheels are not spinning at all.. the drive shaft looks fine too - infact everything looks fine a part from the bit I cannot see which the motor must turn. Any ideas what I have broke on my first go of the car... I should of took it to the damn park 🙄😩
Old 05-24-2020, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I would verify that the motor is spinning the pinion (setscrew is tight and on the flat spot) and then verify that the pinion is meshed with the spur gear that drives the drive shaft. There is a forum on the LC RACING and TACON version of these cars in the mini section and fortunately there is not much different in the WL Toys clone cars......
Old 05-25-2020, 11:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

Thanks bud I will investigate further -
thanks for your advice
Old 05-29-2020, 07:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Filthebeat View Post
Thanks bud I will investigate further -
thanks for your advice
Hi , after further investigation once I looked around the motor - the metal gear pinion 27T had sheered completely off so I have ordered a few more so I can repair it and have some spares. Thanks again