Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Just a heads up B4 you make a deal with crazyeys1 >

Just a heads up B4 you make a deal with crazyeys1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just a heads up B4 you make a deal with crazyeys1

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default Just a heads up B4 you make a deal with crazyeys1

I had a deal with crazyeys1 on a Traxxas Rustler he had for sale.
Sent the money we agreed on, Thursday Jan. 14th and him saying it would ship on Saturday Jan 16th. Well I PM'd on Saturday to check if it was shipped/tracking info.....No responce.....Sunday...tryied again (PM,E-mail)...with no responce...Later Sunday evening I get a e-mail from pay-pal,him returning my payment......No explanation of why.

Monday morning he finally replied to my email...."I broke it when I was making sure it worked" Well I did get my money back which is a positive thing...Its just poor dealings and lack of communication from him IMO. He had my phone number,e-mail,or PM was there to contact me.... I also lost $2.33 over this because I sent him $70.00 and after pay-pal fees he got the $67.67 (which the $2 and some change is not a biggie)....It was to him at first and I did tell him I would send him in cash the difference he lost on pay-pal fee's....($67.67 is what I got back) I now know to send as a gift and there are no fees??
I'm not saying this guy is a bad guy...just I think I might be very hesitant to deal with him in the future. You can view the thread HERE

Again I did get my money back and I'm not saying he ripped me off....(and maybe I'm over reacting to this) But just a poor way IMO to go about a transaction. And "crazyeys1" if you read this...I'm not trying to bash on you...just stating the truth.

Dave
Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

When a refund is issued via paypal the fees are reversed as well. I have issued a few refunds (one this week even). I was paid $250, fees were about $9. I refunded the full amount and it didn't cost me a dime.

As for the gift thing don't send payments to people you don't know via the gift option. You get no protection when you pay this way.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lowcel
When a refund is issued via paypal the fees are reversed as well. I have issued a few refunds (one this week even). I was paid $250, fees were about $9. I refunded the full amount and it didn't cost me a dime.

As for the gift thing don't send payments to people you don't know via the gift option. You get no protection when you pay this way.

I got you on the sending as a gift thing with no protection.

See in my case the so called "refund" of my money was sent to me from crazyeys1 as a gift, the $67.67 was what he "banked" after the $2.33 in pay-pal fees......from the original $70.00 I sent him....So $70 came out from me...and only the $67.67 was returned. Like I said the couple bucks isn't a big deal....but I wasn't at fault and it ended up no deal and out the couple bucks.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

That's just weak on his part. The way I see it is he still owes you $2.33
Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM
JSY
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beadlock
+1
Old 01-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Beadlock
I agree completely. If he would have just hit the refund button rather than sent you the money he wouldn't have been out a penny and you would have received the full amount.

Even if he was sending the money rather than refunding he should have thrown in the extra money to make sure you received the full amount back.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

That is definitely scammerish. That is really cool of you not caring about $2 but imagine he does that to 50 people a month, 500 a year, or whatever. If you steal a penny from every person in the world I guarantee not many would care. However, that thief is still rich.
That may be an exaggeration but its still based on truth.
File a claim with Paypal and explain to them what happened.

That is really shady business practice and the money shouldn't be the point. Tell him to send your $2.33 remaining as a gift or Paypal will refund the entire $70 price to you and you will still have the $67.67 too! They are pretty good at siding with the buyer.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
That is definitely scammerish. That is really cool of you not caring about $2 but imagine he does that to 50 people a month, 500 a year, or whatever. If you steal a penny from every person in the world I guarantee not many would care. However, that thief is still rich.

That is really shady business practice and the money shouldn't be the point. Tell him to send your $2.33 remaining as a gift or Paypal will refund the entire $70 price to you and you will still have the $67.67 too! They are pretty good at siding with the buyer.
Actually the seller didn't make a penny. He was charged $2.33 when he received the money originally. I really don't think that the seller was trying to short the buyer when he sent the money back to him, it was most likely just an oversight.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer

Not if the buyer sends them a copy of this thread.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

every time u use paypal there's a fee so if the seller messes up and has to refund any amount of money u need to add the % taken out on top of the amount owed to the person its a pain but is a con deterrence on like 50 bucks the seller is gona be out almost 10 bucks of his own money makes sence to me iv made a mistake and had no problem refunding all the money taking the hit customer service is number 1 in my mined imop
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spdrac430
every time u use paypal there's a fee so if the seller messes up and has to refund any amount of money u need to add the % taken out on top of the amount owed to the person its a pain but is a con deterrence on like 50 bucks the seller is gona be out almost 10 bucks of his own money makes sence to me iv made a mistake and had no problem refunding all the money taking the hit customer service is number 1 in my mined imop
Paypal fees for $50 should be under $2. Also, if you hit the refund button on paypal they remove the fees so the neither the seller nor the buyer would be out anything when the money is refunded.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Paypal fees for $50 should be under $2. Also, if you hit the refund button on paypal they remove the fees so the neither the seller nor the buyer would be out anything when the money is refunded.
+1
Old 02-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Yes your right....pay pal fees on say $50 would be $1.75 And yes if the seller that refunded my money would of hit the refund button then nothing gained nothing lost.

But he just sent me back what he originally ended up with after pay-pal fees of the $70 payment, as a gift instead of simply hitting the refund button.

Either way its in the past and all is good.....(except for the other guy he just scammed)
Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dave00beer
Yes your right....pay pal fees on say $50 would be $1.75 And yes if the seller that refunded my money would of hit the refund button then nothing gained nothing lost.

But he just sent me back what he originally ended up with after pay-pal fees of the $70 payment, as a gift instead of simply hitting the refund button.

Either way its in the past and all is good.....(except for the other guy he just scammed)
I undestand completely and I still think it was bs the way he did you even if it was only a couple of bucks. I was just commenting on what spdrac430 stated.