Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Commercial/Retail Forums > TrackStar Product Discussion
Faulty Trackstar 150a GenII ESC >

Faulty Trackstar 150a GenII ESC

Faulty Trackstar 150a GenII ESC

Old 03-14-2016, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Faulty Trackstar 150a GenII ESC

So I recently purchased two of these speed controls. One calibrated perfectly and the other will not go into calibration mode. I hold down the button, it does the long beep, but then nothing. No series of three beeps like the other one. I submitted an RMA with the video below. Hopefully this will work out and I will get a new one. Season starts in three weeks.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hope you get it replaced soon. I've been running one in mg MBX6 for almost a year and it's been working great. They're made by SkyRC but only the TrackStar branded program box will work with it.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

We run them in 1/8 GTe here as the Tekin and LRP Speedies just can't handle what the GTe needs. Used to have at least one Tekin or LRP smoke every race meet, Trackstars have been extremely durable.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Well, they replaced the faulty ESC with another faulty ESC. I was absolutely amazed. It does the same exact thing that the first one did. Will not go into calibration mode. I used a fresh radio model, different receivers, different motors, different sensor wires, different batteries. Nothing. They refunded my PayPal account. I would avoid this speed control for a while because there must be a bad batch.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

did you try reversing the servo setting for throttle. i have to do that on my trackstar speedos to get them in setup mode
Old 03-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
did you try reversing the servo setting for throttle. i have to do that on my trackstar speedos to get them in setup mode
Yep. Nothing.

Thanks so much to Hobby King for having incredible customer service. They took care of me.