Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Commercial/Retail Forums > TrackStar Product Discussion
TURNIGY  BZ-444  4wd racing buggy >

TURNIGY BZ-444 4wd racing buggy

TURNIGY BZ-444 4wd racing buggy

Old 11-10-2015, 06:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TURNIGY BZ-444 4wd racing buggy

I found the build of this car BZ-444 Pro Kit in many ways on par with the big brand names , I raced it at a state level , I'm really impressed the rear end is planted and steering was very smooth , made for a very easy car to drive fast ,
I choose the trackstar 120amp turbo esc and 6.5t motor . It's also a smooth delivery with insane mid-top over rev ,

Last edited by benji lee; 11-18-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very nice build! What radio are you using with the Orange RX?
Old 11-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by TrackStar3
Very nice build! What radio are you using with the Orange RX?
hi there

im using the spectrum dx3r pro , the little orange receivers are great ive been running them since hobbyking came out with them in all my vehicles, even at a nitro nationals level , never let me down
Old 11-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

A friend of mine recently picked up one of these buggies. His is the non-pro buggy. Running a 9.5 trackstar motor and esc. No timing, boost or anything. Buggy handles really well right out of the box. Problem is, I don't think he's run a full battery through the car yet without a major failure of some sort. First battery, the rear diff connecting cup stripped. He found an upgraded cup that seems to have solved the issue.

Next issue was the rear pinion gear stripped. The diff connecting cup and pinion gear both failed within no more than 10-15 minutes of running. Buggy has only been run on a track and the owner is a fairly good driver. No crashes or major impacts. Matter of fact, the rear pinion gear started to fail when I gave it a try. I think I put 2 laps in before the noise started. No crashes, no cased jumps, no landing with the throttle pinned. Just smooth driving, getting a feel for the buggy.

Like I said, it felt good for the short time it ran. I run Team C cars, so naturally had an interest in this buggy. But the lack of reliability turned me off very quickly.

Are there any attempts being made to get this car to hold together? I know it's not just a fluke. I did quite a bit of research on this buggy recently and the issues I've mentioned seem to be very common. This car has a lot of potential and is capable of competing with the big names, but not if it can't stay together for a 10-minute race.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Harry

Myself I ran Durango before this car bz-444 (pro kit). With the Durango the first thing to do was always upgrade to steel crown and pinion , I also did this with my bz-444 , running mod I knew it's a good idea
That being said I've now raced over 10 meets and no drama cvd drive pin now only just showing wear,
I did this mod from the get go ,

I fell this car is faster and easier to drive them the Rangers I was running, rear end is locked in and steering mellow , not twitchy

Hope that helps