Wiki Posts
Search

The Mushroom Bowl

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
If anyone has any MiniZs... we race every Sunday in Reading !

http://www.dorksonwheels.com

Directions and all other info. are there ! We have a Core timing system as well.
We should be racing Micros this summer too.

Nice Hijack.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Always looking for racers... also look forward to attending the Mushroom Bowl for some micro racing. As soon as we get some practice with ours.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:41 AM
SPO
Tech Regular

I may be going to a hobbystore for my motor and body soon, because my brother has like 3weeks paid vacation for his new job, so he might take a day off when I have no school and take me to get the stuff...hopefully.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:52 PM
SPO
Tech Regular

I (the my brother and I) made a trip up to the Bowl, nice road track. I didn't see the indoor oval though...I bought the body, a G6, painted it solid metallic green. I'm RTR now! I might hook up with my buddy from school and go up there next weekend if there's any races, or maybe just fool around racing.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Mushroom Bowl Speedway is always a pleasure to run at! Heard the track was recently sealed and revented a little bit. Should provide more traction hopefully. If I can just get my new job to get me out before 3pm you'll start to see me more often But Mushroom Bowl is always looking for new people each weekend to run. Typically we (last years figures) we got about 3-5 for stock touring one or two heats of 19t and 1 or 2 heats of Nitro mod and one of novice nitro. Not bad at all. I say come out and play, well worth it. Most of the locals including my self are willing to help anyone with anything. If you ever need anything, look for my charger, my full name is on it. Stop by and say hi. I race there when I can. Anyhow, just get out and do it. You'll be back!

Hope to meet you soon.

Last edited by Team Speedy; 05-15-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:52 AM
SPO
Tech Regular

Yeah, thanks, will do. My brother just won a auction on eBay for a HPI Super Nitro RS4, so he'll be in the novice nitro races, maybe. I may be able to race, but i'll only get like 12 laps in, my car has absolutely NO battery life. I didn't see the indoor track, is it back behind the pit area?
You'll be able to see my car if you go, it's bright green and has no wing...
Old 05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds sweet. When I raced the stock class last year I was able to put in 18 laps I believe. I'm not in it for the competition, just for a little fun when I have the time. We strongly encourage "new people" to attend weekly. If we can get at least one person to come back the changes are he spreads the word to some friends and they come allowing more and more weekly. That's the plan, would be nice to see that go into effect. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will try to start racing again around early June, late June in preporation for the eXpress Race in Jackson Nj. (see racing thread for details)

Last edited by Team Speedy; 05-15-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:06 PM
SPO
Tech Regular

Is there a way to find out when the races are, without going up there?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The races will start at 5PM, weather permitting.

We had a light turnout last week, people still working out the cars, but it was still a lot of fun. The new layout is awesome.

The track has been sealed, and traction is excellent.

Hope to see you this week.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Andy, got any snap shots of the track? Still using the friendly fire hose as barries?

Will be trying to come out as soon as can. Need to find a way that I can work earlier but still be able to make it on time like I was doing last year. Either way, can't wait to come out. Need to pick up a "outdoor" chassis, along with a couple minor things before I play. Still converting over from carpet season. Either way, time to dust off the car of mine, mount the rubbers and figure out if I'm gonna run with you big boys in 19turn.

Roll call for Sat? Who's in?

Last edited by Team Speedy; 05-15-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
SPO
Tech Regular

I'll come out, as long as you guys don't mind racing a car with no wing

no, i might just get the one i have and put it on there for now, i painted the wrong side of it so it looks stupid, but oh well.

Yeah, if my brother can drive me up there, i'll try and come, and he'll most likely have HIS nitro with him. oughta be fun!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Don't worry about the wing. If you still have it, you can use it. Cut it out, and mount it. The worst that can happen is the paint comes off. Only cosmetic, nothing too major. I'll try to drop on by this weekend, but won't be racing as I have to work this weekend. I'll see what I can do though. I'll drop on by and put a couple laps in before the mains. Best I can do right now.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:06 PM
SPO
Tech Regular

is there like a limit to the motor? I'm just asking, because I see you guys talking about 19T motors, but nothing else...I have a 13T. does that matter at all?

EDIT: My brother wants to know if they sell nitro fuel there.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Electric classes are-

19turn (19x1, 24 degree locked tab Roar approved motors only)
Stock (27x1 locked tab, 24 degree timing " " Examples, Monster, CO27, Roar, Green machine, ect, ect..)

If interest shows and enough people want to run it MOD might be allowed. The few times I ran there, never seen a mod heat at all. Mainly its stock and 19turn.

Nitro-

Novice
Pro

List of rules and the forum of course is,
www.mushroombowl.com

There is another thread in the racing section as well call Mushroom Bowl Speedway:
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112624

Here's a typical breakdown of the people whom race there and the classes and size that they are:
http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...ATE=09_10_2005
Old 05-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
Sounds sweet. When I raced the stock class last year I was able to put in 18 laps I believe. That class was mainly the beginner class. I just wanted to "sandbag" as I'm good enough to do that. Gave them the run for there money. I'm not in it for the competition, just for a little fun when I have the time. We strongly encourage "new people" to attend weekly. If we can get at least one person to come back the changes are he spreads the word to some friends and they come allowing more and more weekly. That's the plan, would be nice to see that go into effect. Like I said before, when I race there, I pit in the back row, just look for my charger, I'm under it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will try to start racing again around early June, late June in preporation for the eXpress Race in Jackson Nj. (see racing thread for details)
That is the best,and only way to become a better driver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.