Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Track Aliso Viejo

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tamiya Track Aliso Viejo

Hello drivers as the track official for Tamiya's track in Aliso Viejo I wanted to start a thread for those with questions and to also provide basic info for those wanting to come visit.

Hours: 10Am-4PM Saturday's only weather permitted closed holidays.
Fee: Entry is absolutely free however only Tamiya cars are permitted.
Basic rules:

TAMIYA AMERICA, INC.
Race Track Rules & Conduct

To promote safe, fun recreation for Tamiya guests we ask that participants observe the following rules.

1. The track will be open to the public for recreation and practice only.
2. Only Tamiya vehicles will be permitted to be driven on the track.
3. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises. (This includes the parking area)
4. Fighting, horseplay, using inappropriate language, or disorderly conduct will not be allowed. (violaters will be removed)
5. Unsportsmanlike driving (i.e., intentionally hitting other cars, short-coursing, corner cutting, driving in reverse) is not allowed.
6. Before leaving the track, participants must clean up any debris or liter left on the premises.
7. Eating and drinking non-alcoholic beverages will be permitted on the premises. All leftover food and trash must be placed in receptacles before leaving.
8. Participants are expected to be courteous and take turns using the track when their allowable time runs out.
9. The track should be kept clean at all times.
10. Use of bicycles, scooters, rollerskates, and wheeled shoes is not permitted within facility.
11. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
12. For their own safety children under the age of 12 are not permitted to walk on track and must not be left un-attended in pit area.
13. Radios are not to be turned on unless proper frequency clip is in drivers possession.
14. All frequency clips must be returned immediately upon the completion of run.
15. Smoking is permitted only in the designated smoking area.
16. Have fun.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask track official.

Please do not stop on the driving line as this can/will result in a collision leading to possible damage to vehicles.

If you have any other questions please feel free to post them here and I will answer them as quickly as I can.

Track will be closed on Sat. the 23 of Dec. and resume on Sat. the 30th of Dec.

Last edited by MrBlack; 12-07-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

what direction will the track be run this saturday?
Old 09-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

We will be closing the track on Dec. 23rd for the Holidays., Have a Happy Christmaukah Everyone!

I will begin posting the track layouts for the weekends ahead of time this will show what the track will look like as well as the direction that we run.

I have also added a reccommended driving line which gives a good general line that will allow your car to maintain a good pace. Note this is not necessarily the fastest line as depending on your cars handling there may be some spots that you can inprove upon but this will prove to be the most common line as the day progresses.

We will be closing the track on Dec. 23rd for the Holidays.

Last edited by MrBlack; 12-18-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

We will be doing some very lo-tech racing on saturdays for the locals at Tamiya more info can be found here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...65#post2717065
Old 10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Track shots for those not familliar..
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Track Aliso Viejo-pits1.jpg   Tamiya Track Aliso Viejo-track1.jpg  

Last edited by MrBlack; 11-01-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default F-103GT have been using Silver can mabuchi's

Just a note for those that have asked we have been runnig Silver can 540 Mabuchi/Johnson's in the F-103 GT cars as not everyone is ready to switch over to 23T yet.

Last edited by MrBlack; 11-30-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

[B]I HAVE DECIDED TO POST THE RULES TO THE WEEKLY FUN RACING IN CASE ANY ONE HERE WANTED TO SEE IT:
Hello Tamiya Track regulars,

I have been talking with Fred and doing some impromptu research and have decided to start a little Saturday fun series, the Tamiya Fun Amateur Throwdown or as I like to call it the F.A.T. Series.

Naturally as the title suggest this is a real loose lightly organized means to get some of you out there who are not ready or do not wish run in the current races at Tamiya (Reedy, KO, TCS) and would a like too race in a simple low cost environment where the only prize is the accomplishment of beating your buddies.

We will have practice every Saturday as normal but may close the track for 10 min. at a time at pre-determined times to allow for racing all will announced in more detail in the future.

Some of the things that will be unique to the F.A.T. series are:

NO TECH: There will be no tech it will run on the honor system if somebody is apparently skirting what little rules there are to gain any un sportsman like advantage they will dealt with on a case by case basis. If you need to cheat to win an amateur throwdown you obviously have some serious issues.

NO TURN MARSHALLS: If you roll it you will have to do the walk of shame, if you hack somebody you will have to pull over until there back or even marshal them yourself.
Basically we are trying to promote clean passing “guardrailing” though often used by the pro’s is not encouraged.

NO ENTRY FEE OR PRIZES: There will be no entry fee and also no prizes, this is racing for the fun of racing the winner gets a smile and the losers get to smile as well since they have lost nothing.

LOW COST CHASSIS: We will be running classes that bring several cars together and will limit materials used to build said vehicles we will keep things simple so simple that many may find it cheaper to buy a separate basic chassis then it would the price of hopping up there existing car to make it competitive in other series. I will go in detail further on this in the future but it will be a big boost it making racing fun again trust me.

CAR CONTROL WILL BE IMPROVED: The classes will be set-up with rules that will greatly favor driver skill and not budget or time spent researching set-ups. This is another main focus of this series. Fred and I will use my our many years of experience racing every form of Tamiya car from TA-02’s and F-103’s to today’s 415MSX’s to provide a formula which will remove many of the advantages of “factory connections” and “race budgets”

SCALE LOOK TO ALL CARS: Yes we are bringing sexy back! Lol! Seriously we feel that the current melted doorstop looking bodies though provide great handling abilities do take away from the fun of preparing a proper looking body and also tend to be very un attractive to the beginner and or passer buyer. I know myself personally, I never got into off-road because the cars looked like radio shack toys and when I first saw (back in the day) a Tamiya Ferrari F-1 or an TA-02 with a Opel Calibre body zooming on by with it’s tail hanging out around corners did I truly want to be a part of this hobby.

NO QUALIFYING: There will not be huge entry lists and there will not be any qualifying either I have devised a system in which I think many will be satisfied. We will not use transponders and we will not use a computer simply we will run it like a typical throwdown and many of you locals already know what I am talking about. The Megaphone and the stopwatch will be your friend.

ALL CHASSIS: Must be Tamiya all bodies must be Tamiya.

HOP-UPS: Any brand of hop-up may be used however the only carbon fiber pieces allowed are chassis upper plate, and shock towers*. Aluminum hop-ups are limited to the following: shocks, hub carriers, motor heat sink, toe blocks. All chassis, bulkheads, gearbox and suspension arm components must be plastic or fiberglass/carbon reinforced plastic (FRP, GRP). Any material in screws and bolts is allowed including Ti.

TIRE SAUCE IS NOT ALLOWED.

NOTE* SOME CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE PLEASE REVUE.

CLASSES:

GT (Grand Touring, there will now be two sub cateragories in GT)-
• F-103 chassis
• GT1 must use either a Tamiya Courage or future LMP style body and is limited to running up to a 23T motor
• GT2 must run one of the following bodies: Honda NSX, Calsonic Skyline, Corvette, Mustang, Ferrari 360, Ferrari 430 Porsche GT, and is limited to running a Mabuchi or Johnson 540 SILVER can motor.
• All bodies must have a real or fake race scheme (ex. Castrol, TRF etc.) with logos (real or fake) on at least the front and each side.
• Any Rubber Touring car tire is allowed as well as any insert. Must use 24mm TC wheels.
• Any battery is allowed including Li-Po.
• Motors must be no faster then 23 turns.

TCS (Touring Car Sportsman)-
• Any Tamiya 1:10 Touring car (sans Pro level*) or RWD M-chassis Running any Tamiya body sans the bodies listed above in GT. (No Subaru legacy bodies allowed)
• All bodies must have a real or fake race scheme (ex. Castrol, TRF etc.) with logos (real or fake) on at least the front and each side.
• Tires are limited to following (this is where it gets interesting): RC Racing Slick Tire Set - (1pr) Item #50454. No inserts of any kind are allowed and they must be mounted on a 26mm wheels. I have run these many times just for a test now and then and they really make driver skill a premium. This is done to lower corner speeds and provide a scale grip level this will keep those from having super batteries and tweaked out motors from gaining too much of an advantage and allow practice to become the best investment.
Plus these tires are CHEAP!!! and they last quite awhile. Oh and did I mention no sauce is allowed. Plus most Tamiya drivers have at least 2 or three of these sets laying round the garage somewhere, ask around many people will simply give you their set if asked. Slowing down for the turns and setting up each other for the pass will be a very fun aspect of this class and may in fact become the most exiting to watch and be a part of.
• Motors must be no faster then 19 turns. (4300 Speed Brushless is allowed)

*[No “Pro level” i.e. 414,415,415 MSX’s or carbon fiber plate chassis or conversions are allowed. This is to keep cost down. I am sorry if this bothers some but there are several series in the So.Cal. area that allow and promote these (Pro) level cars to race in. (Note* The cost of buying a new chassis to compete in our series is less then the price of one weekend of motors and tires to compete with a Pro level car.)

CLUBMAN-
• Any Front wheel drive Tamiya 1:10 Touring car or M-Chassis
• Any FWD 1:10 Tamiya TC or M-chassis body is allowed (ex. Honda RSX, Ford Focus, Mini Cooper, Suzuki Swift) if there is a shortage we may open it up to scale looking bodies by other manufacturers)
• All bodies must have a real or fake race scheme (ex. Calsonic, Nokia, TRF etc.) with logos (real or fake) on at least the front and each side.
• Any Rubber Touring car tire is allowed as well as any insert.
• Motors must be no faster then 27 turns. (stock motors are legal as well as Mabuchi/Johnson Armatures in modified cans)

Rules are not cast in stone however suggestions based on reasons of personal benefit are very unlikely to be taken into consideration. These rules have been created based on local requests for fun low cost racing and to attract new people to the hobby.

There must be at least 5 competitors available and ready prior to 3PM and I will organize a heat for you.

We may add some regulations in regards to gearing if it appears a certain group has an unfair advantage.

We will also be developing a series for the Micro Offroad buggies and will post info on the Micro forum for this in the future.

Please PM me if you have any questions and or comments or to send me your email address if you wish to join in the fun as I will be creating a mailing list for those who wish to participate.

-Tamiya Track Official

Last edited by MrBlack; 11-30-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

Old 11-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Cheesy pic from this last weekend...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Track Aliso Viejo-couragesample.jpg  
Old 12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Attention all Tamiya Drivers.... The track will be closed on Sat. Dec. the 23rd for the holidays and will re-open on Sat. Dec 30th
Old 12-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

For all racers and drivers who will be stopping by in the next couple of weeks that wish to join in some of the afternoon racing please let me know and I can even organise a special track time for you if I have more then 5 racers who would like to race there own made up class I can close the track for 5min. to allow you to race. for said time.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

what direction will the track be run this saturday?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)
Default Still open?

Is the Tamiya track still open? I had heard it was closing in September.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:48 PM
B3x
Tech Adept

Isthetrack still opened on Saturday?
Old 04-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default track practice

How often does the track open up for cars other than tamiya cars for practice. I heard certain Saturday's. Do you post dates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.