Wiki Posts
Search

Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels

We have an RCP track, no charge to race ! If interested... post below and i can PM you directions!
Check directions forum for directions !
We race Sundays ! If you're seriously into racing these cars, and in the area, and not showing... you are missing out BIGTIME !!!
Hope to see you there !

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 07-15-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

If you think these cars are just toys... you're wrong ! This is the most affordable, competitive racing your dollars can buy ! Stop by, no charge to race ! We even provide cars for newbies to try ! So stop by and see what the MiniZs are all about !
Old 06-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Big MiniZ gtg !!! July 17th !!!

We are getting a rowdy bunch from all over together for some real fun ! Sunday, July 17th is the day ! Sign up on our site ! The thread is MiniZ Discussion. We will have a lap counter, and one of the largest RCP layouts out there ! See you there !!!

We race rain or shine !!! (I love indoor RC !!!)
Old 07-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Just love talking to myself !!!
Just a reminder... it's this weekend !
Ultimate MiniZ GTG !
Old 08-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Never a charge to race !!! See site for schedule !

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 07-15-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thats a pretty kewl layout you guys have there. Here's some of mine and my mini-z cars.
Attached Thumbnails Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1119.jpg   Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1453.jpg   Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1342.jpg  
Old 08-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Wow !!! Another human being !!! (now I can finally throw this volleyball away... WILSON !!!! ) Nice setup ! Is that a retail store in the works ? If so, what store ? Have a website ?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

WIIIILLLLLLSOOOOOONNNN !!!!! Where are you !!!

That photo of the track is a hobbytown USA in Northern Calif. that relocated to a larger store. The track was only a test track that the owner wanted to see. Now, the track is located in the new location in Fremont, Calif. Its not as large, but on race days, the track has a huge set-up.

Any of you guys using AD Band for the mini-z's ?? I currently have a few AD Band cars and they are so sweeeeet. Usually, around my location, mini-z racing is hot during the months of Nov, Dec, and Jan. Everybody right now is focusing on 1/10 scale electric sedan. We are already talking about mini-z's for the winter time . Talk to you later.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Nope... no AD bands as of yet. Saving my pennies though ! MZR has a few posts floating around about it. Fremont, hmmm... wonder what the drive time on Mapquest would be ? Sounds like fun ! Yeah we had a slight summer slow down this year, I do have about 8 hardcore 'Zers every week though. Winter attendance is usually larger here too. We are about to get our Core system though, so it should pick up very soon !
Old 08-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

I saw a write up in the Reading Eagle about your track, I will have to come up and check it out sometime!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, 2 articles actually... one in the regular, and one in the "Voices" teen section. We were also featured on Comcast Tonight last Tuesday and Wednesday. Pretty cool way to get new drivers !!! I mean, how do you beat having an RC track in your basement ?!?! Race rain or shine too ! The cars are totally tunable, and react to the slightest change. It's like balancing on a razor blade sometimes. Besides, I have got the greatest bunch of dedicated racers I could've ever have hoped for !

We race almost every Sunday, (see schedule on our site) I do loan out cars for newbies as well. Kind of a try before you buy ! (which most do !)

Cya there !

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 02-18-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

You wil like the core system. I was involved in some of the testing of the prototype here in california. Its cheap, affordable, and accurate.

The track at Hobbytown USA in fremont is a farily large track during race days. Here are some pictures of one layout. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1176.jpg   Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1359.jpg   Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1342.jpg  
Old 08-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Sweet deal ! I'm curious... what H plate do you run with that disc dampener ?
I can't seem to get mine to handle at all... spins out one way, pushes the other, thought it might be the wires rubbing the body... any tips ? (I've always run RM... got that down to an artform. )
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

I usually run the kyosho H-plates. Currently right now, I have the medium plate for my car ( MM=mid motor ). You might wanna try the skinnier H plate. Also, check your front hinge pin to see if there is any binding. You wires also play a big roll in how your car will handle. Make sure that the wires are long enough so that there isn't any tight spots if you were to compress the rear suspension.

Here are more pictures of my other cars:
Attached Thumbnails Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1004.jpg   Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1001.jpg   Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1143.jpg   Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1158.jpg   Mini Z's, Xmod's ? Reading, PA ? Dorksonwheels-img_1365.jpg  

Old 08-31-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Yep... it was the wires rubbing, tucked them better, up under the motor clip, car calmed down after that. I did switch H plates also, runs great now !
Thanks ! (I'll get the hang of these MMs sooner or later !)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.