R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   RC Raceway, Louisville, KY (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/71897-rc-raceway-louisville-ky.html)

Smoothone 05-10-2005 07:03 AM

RC Raceway, Louisville, KY

Well guys it's about time to start a thread for the electric off roaders in Louisville. We run a nice indoor track in Brooks, Kentucky. All electric and mostly stock, except 4wd. Offroad racing is on Friday nights starting at 7:30. The doors open at 6:00 for practice. Saturday nights they run dirt oval which is on the outside of the offroad track.
Traction is very high as they are keeping it real moist. No problem running sanded or slick tires. The oval guys run foam tires. On a good night we will have 3-4 classes of Novice, Stock Buggy, Stock Truck, and 1 to 2 classes of 4wd. The past couple of weeks with it getting warm, the classes have almost been cut in half.
I have attached their website. Check it out and come race.
www.rcraceway.net

ssdrop64 05-11-2005 06:46 AM

Sup Jeremy

Our dirt oval track has a 135' run line and is very smooth. The infield of the oval also serves as the main portion of our off-road track. We also have electronic AMB timing, a full snack bar, and a well stocked hobby shop. Our track hours and race times are as follows:

Hours:
M-R Open Practice 6:00 - 10:00
Fri Off-Road Racing 6:00 - (racing starts at 7:00) when racing finishes
Sat Dirt Oval Racing 12:00 - (racing starts at 6:00) when racing finishes
Sun Open Practice 12:00 - 6:00

TeamRoy 05-11-2005 09:47 AM

I heard a rumor about a track opening up in E-town, you guys know any info about that?

ssdrop64 05-11-2005 10:14 AM

Yeah It's Deano's - 1/8 Scale and nitro Offroad Track. _ i heard the track is kinda small for 1/8 scale though - And I heard it could have been a lot bigger if the guy would have paid $600 to have a telephone pole moved. But thats rumor - I haven't seen the track yet.

ssdrop64 05-11-2005 10:15 AM

Asylum Extreme is also opening an 1/8 scale & nitro Track in Louisville - it's gonna be by their paintball field on Stonestreet near Gene Snyder

Rumor also has it they might be building an on road course there next.

dodgeguy 05-16-2005 06:29 PM

How far is this track from Cinci?

Smoothone 05-16-2005 06:36 PM

I takes me about 1 1/2 hours to get to Cincinnati. Going up I-71 then hitting I-75. There are quite a few guys that come down from Ohio on Saturdays for the dirt oval. Many others that come from Florence and northern Kentucky.

JFCJ 05-16-2005 06:39 PM

Deano's

Deano's is on 31W between E-town and Radcliff, and is about 2 hrs, 15 min. from the Florence, KY area.

The track at Brooks, if it's off Brooks road is probably close to an hour and 45 mins away... at "normal" speeds... lol

J

dodgeguy 05-16-2005 07:11 PM

What type of turn outs are you getting for offroad? What are the most popular classes at RC Raceway. What tires work?

Smoothone 05-16-2005 07:27 PM

Originally posted by dodgeguy
What type of turn outs are you getting for offroad? What are the most popular classes at RC Raceway. What tires work?
We are running Novice, Stock truck, Stock Buggy, 4 wd, every week. The track had quite a bit of traction. Most people run way too much pin in truck. I run slicks in buggy and truck. There are guys out there running King Pins and stuff???? If I where bringing tires I would bring Tapers with varying amounts of tread for the truck and buggy. What classes do you run?

Smoothone 05-16-2005 07:39 PM

Call the owners if you want to find out a little more. The turn outs have been cut in half the past couple of weeks because of the Kentucky Derby. I would say they will be back up this Friday. Here are the owner's phone numbers. Tell them Jeremy gave them to you.

Chuck: 502-802-5300
Murray: 502-939-3461

They are pretty cool guys.

dodgeguy 05-16-2005 07:51 PM

I run 2wd stock and mod along with truck the same. I also will run 4wd mod every so often. I have been running at Planet RC in Indi. Nice track there. It is unusual for a track not to run an offroad program on Saturday or Sunday. I would not make the Friday night race in time to get some practice in. Have they ever thought about offroad racing on the weekend?

Smoothone 05-16-2005 07:57 PM

That's exactly why they did it on Friday. Every place else in the area runs on Saturdays and Sundays. They don't really have any competition. Good idea that seems to have worked so far. They have got a cool layout but it isn't as large as Indy. More the size of Jasper. Do you ever run Coyotes in Lexington?

dodgeguy 05-17-2005 05:08 AM

Never heard of Coyotes.

Smoothone 05-17-2005 05:17 AM

It's an outdoor track in Lex. that runs gas and electric.