Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Any truggy racers in western Pa / East Ohio? >

Any truggy racers in western Pa / East Ohio?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any truggy racers in western Pa / East Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Default Any truggy racers in western Pa / East Ohio?

Theres gotta be lots of people around the area that have 1/8 scale truggys but it doesn't seem like many show up to the track or not local tracks anyway. Im really close to big dog rc in stoneboro, pa and they only get a couple occasionally. Theres also Shays in burghill ohio but what I was told they don't really get any either. I know McColloughs down in sarver get some, they are a little farther away though. Maybe Im wrong but I would think that guys around the Sharon/ Youngstown/ surrounding areas would have some truggys and was curious where they run at or if they don't race them? Maybe enough guys would want to where we can make a class at one of these tracks. Both shays and big dog are right in this area. Im throwing this out there because Im not seeing a class for truggy anywhere local and I cant race myself. Outdoor season has already started at some tracks and will be soon at others. If some truggy guys are interested in running one of these tracks or another local one I don't know of this season maybe we can use this thread to get enough guys together to make a class.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

I am in cleveland and new to the area looking for 1/8th track to call home now how far are you from??
Old 04-15-2013, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by jsp619
I am in cleveland and new to the area looking for 1/8th track to call home now how far are you from??
I'm guessing I'm about 2 hrs from cleveland roughly I don't know how far away from shays you'd be. I think they only race a couple times a month though. I'm not sure what tracks are right around u. I heard browns is a nice track and its in ohio but I honestly don't know where at. Could be Cincinnati for all I know.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To be honest an hour and some odd minutes isn't really all that far to McCullough's. There are people that drive well over two hours to run there. We always have a great turn out for the truggy class.

Signups open at noon and racing starts at 1pm. We usually finish off the day around 6 or 7pm.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Croland1980
To be honest an hour and some odd minutes isn't really all that far to McCullough's. There are people that drive well over two hours to run there. We always have a great turn out for the truggy class.

Signups open at noon and racing starts at 1pm. We usually finish off the day around 6 or 7pm.
I'm planning on coming down to mccolloughs. Was there 2 weeks ago just to check it out and its a really nice track! I was just trying to find out if anyone right around this area was gonna be running one of the other tracks. mccolloughs is an hr and 15 min away so no its not real far. The other two tracks are 15 and 30 min away though so I just thought I'd check.
Can you come down to mccoloughs earlier than noon and kinda practice and tune some before sign ups? Wasnt sure how early you are able to show up so u can set up and tune? Also if you don't have someone to fuel you in a long main is there a chance you can get someone to help u out? I don't know how long of mains they run maybe its not even an issue
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I believe you can start running nitro around 9-10 am on sat. And there's always somebody to lend a hand
Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Revo Dan
I believe you can start running nitro around 9-10 am on sat. And there's always somebody to lend a hand
Thank you for the heads up! And good sounds great I was kinda worried about that. Dont have anyone to bring with me!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yotehtr1
Thank you for the heads up! And good sounds great I was kinda worried about that. Dont have anyone to bring with me!
theres always guys there to lend a hand, there all good guys at McC's and when you plan on coming down let me know so I can get a few more nitro guys to come play.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yotehtr1
It sounds like Somerset might be too far for you but there is a growing class of truggies at Rt 281 in Friedens, next to the airport. Most are e-truggies. Nitros run with electric unless we get enough to run separate classes. The track is less than 10 mins from the Somerset exit on the turnpike. They have a forum on the Track Locator Forum. Their website is http://rt281raceway.com/ and they are on Facebook.

If you ever want to run 10th scale indoor carpet, we race at PT Raceway on Fri evenings off-road & occasionally on-road and oval on Sun mornings http://www.pt-raceway.com We are also on Facebook.