Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deep Creek RC Mini Z Track Western MD

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Deep Creek RC Mini Z Track Western MD

I am process of starting up a Mini-Z club in Deep Creek Md. I recently moved to the area and have been in RC on and off for the last 20 years. My passion is on-road touring. Being in Western Maryland with no local HobbyShop or track I have come to the conclusion that I can’t justify a 2 hour drive to get to the nearest on-road track. With that being said, I have taken on trying to get a local Mini-Z track off the ground. I guess the mentality of “If you build it they will come” is in effect here.

I am looking for interested racers in the Western Maryland area (Cumberland, Oakland), Eastern West Virginia (Morgantown ,Keyser) and South West Pennsylvania areas. I have cars to loan out to race. The goal is to get 4 or 5 racers together and try and run some races in the HFAY or ISRL series eventually. So the challenge is going to be trying to get the interest with no local HobbyShop in the area.

I have (3) RCP Wide L tracks, I-Lap lap counter system with (3) transponders, (4) Mini Z cars ready to go (2) MR-03’s, (1) MR-02EX and (1) F-1. I am set up in my garage. The RCP track is 27’ x 13’.

If anyone is interested just PM me. I will get a website up soon. I am looking at shooting for the first week in January as a start date, but I am set up ready to race.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sent you a PM with some information. Actually, the DCGTG/Remnant crew are only 3 hours from you, we are around 4. Always good to visit other clubs to pick up tips on everything.