Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Nitro itch is back! No tracks in Richmond VA, any others out there?? >

Nitro itch is back! No tracks in Richmond VA, any others out there??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro itch is back! No tracks in Richmond VA, any others out there??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Nitro itch is back! No tracks in Richmond VA, any others out there??

I've been out of the RC car scene for 12 years and just got back into it around November last year. I've been racing in a really bada$$ backyard track with my 2wd and 4x4 slash. I just bought a Losi Eight 2.0 buggy and it comes in tomorrow!!!! I live in Richmond VA were there are no RC tracks in a 1 hour span.... Soooooooo can't wait to go back into NITRO!!!!!!!!!!!! So pumped! Thinking of racing in Fredricksburg VA. Anywho any guys around here just getting back into RC?? Any slash or 1/8 nitro noobs in or the Richmond area looking for someone else to race/practice with??? Let me know! Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Fredericksburg, Winchester, Dayton and Gloucester all have off-road tracks in Virginia.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

True! I have thought of Fburg a lot! Just would be nice if someone could open a track here in Richmond. I think it would catch on BIG!! I used to drive to Fredricksburg for 3 years every day of the week, kinda would like to drive 15 mins to a track. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Tracks are competing for the same groups of racers. Money is tight still with the economy and most can only support one track a week. When more tracks pop up, numbers drop at others and then racing turns into classes with 3 or 4 guys. So, having it in your back yard is nice, but can get old with only the same 3 or 4 guys each week.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey man I understand with the econonmy right now, we all know how it is... RC cars being a very cheap hobby!!! Hahaha right..... When I grew up in SC we had to drive anywhere from a 1-1:30 away just to race. Guess what is 10 minutes from my house back home??? A badass track www.thercpit.com, where was this 12 years ago?!?!? I'm used to diving to have to race. Just want to hang out with good people, have a good time and race that's all. Just maybe trying to find a few more 1/8 racers in Richmond that may want to drive with me to Fredicksburg to race. Anyways hate to ramble on... Oh yeah, you hit it dead on about the backyard track. Yes it's very nice and fun but could use a few more people to race against. Thanks
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I may be moving out to staunton here shortly. Would love to find a nice on road track!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There are no on road tracks in the Staunton area. There is a paved on road track out in Linville just outside of Harrisonburg. There haven't been any racing out there in years but the track is still there.