R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Closest Tracks Or Races In Richmond Va (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/59162-closest-tracks-races-richmond-va.html)

mrx 01-04-2005 02:10 PM

Closest Tracks Or Races In Richmond Va

Hello, i have just moved to Richmond VA and was looking for tracks or any nearby clubs that runs onroad 1/8 scale? Thanks.

bazzz 03-12-2005 06:58 PM

Racing in Richmond

Hello,

Welcome to Richmond. VORRA holds onroad races in Richmond VA in the 360 West Shopping Center parking lot. The web site is www.vorra.org

We run electric TC, sportsman or novice 1/10 nitro TC, 1/10 pro nitro TC, stadium trucks, monster trucks, 1/8 scale open and we will try to run a 1/8 scale sportsman class this season. The first race of the season is March 20.

bazzz

blount 03-14-2005 05:12 AM

I will be up that way in mid Apr for about a month in Newport News. Would lile to do so racing in 1/10 touring pro, if possible? What are the diractions from their and what time do you start?
b

bazzz 03-14-2005 02:09 PM

Racing in Richmond

From Mapquest.

You can use 7116 Hull Street Road to pull it up yourself.

1: Start out going SOUTHWEST on 25TH ST toward US-60 E/HUNTINGTON AVE. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto US-60 E/HUNTINGTON AVE. Continue to follow US-60 E. 0.3 miles Map

3: Merge onto I-664 N/HAMPTON ROADS BELT toward HAMPTON. 4.7 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-64 W via EXIT 1A on the LEFT toward WILLIAMSBURG/RICHMOND. 63.1 miles Map

5: Take the I-295 S/US-60 exit- EXIT 200- toward ROCKY MT NC. 1.4 miles Map

6: Merge onto I-295 S via the exit on the LEFT toward BOTTOMS BR. 3.5 miles Map

7: Merge onto VA-895 W/POCAHONTAS PKWY via EXIT 25 toward RICHMOND (Portions toll). 7.6 miles Map

8: Merge onto CHIPPENHAM PKWY/VA-150 N via the exit on the LEFT. 6.2 miles Map

9: Merge onto US-360 W/HULL ST RD toward AMELIA.

the shopping center will be on your right after the third traffic light. It is located at Turner Rd. and Hull Steet.

We will be racing on April 3, 17 and May 1,15

We try to get started setting up aroung 8 or 9 with racing starting around 11:30 or 12:00

If you arrive before 9 and help setup you will receive a $5 discount in your race fee and if you help take down the track you will receive another $5.

The web site is www.vorra.org for more information

looking forward to racing with you.

bazzz

mark david 03-15-2005 01:35 AM

help??? anyone from vegas here???

hey guys. i live here in the Philippines. does anyone live in vegas here? i need you help. My aunt lives in vegas also and she will be visiting us here in the Phi. on the 21st. As soon as i heared it i called her and ordered a GPM alu. front lower arms (SMT05508) and a alu. rear lower arm (SMT05608). The store in vegas is called Danseys Indoor RC & Hobbies LV phone no. 702-4537223. I stumble the store name in the hobby etc .com web site since they are the dealer of GPM products on the area of Las Vegas. My problem is My aunt dosent know about rc and im afraid that the guys from the hobby shop would give him the wrong parts. Although i gave the parts no. and the name i forgot the manufacturers name thou (GPM). Could anyone from thier pls call the shop and tell them that Ms. Liz Carpenter will drop by to thier hobby shop and buy these items. I just wanna make sure the'll give the right parts for my aunt because buying those parts from the U.S and bringin it here in the Phil. is not an everyday thing to me.

Anyone who might consider helping me, i would be truly greatful!!!

thank you guys in advance!!!!

btw hirs my aunt name and no.
Ms. Liz Carpenter

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

blount 03-15-2005 04:05 AM

thanks
you will be seeing me on the 17th of April. How many racers do you expect to have?

b

bazzz 03-15-2005 04:23 AM

Racing in Richmond

We usually have between 20 and 30 racers divided up amoung the classes. 1/10 sport, 1/10 pro, 1/8 are the most popular.

Dave

imprsme 03-29-2005 04:43 PM

Blount- If you are going to be in Newport News and want to do some carpet TC racing you are really close to Debbies rc world.

Goto http://www.debbiesrcworld.com

they have Pics up the last pics on the page are the finished track. the roadrails system was only put down until they got the perm. stuff in.

They have directions also on the site.

blount 03-31-2005 06:41 AM

Do they race gas their or any where else in VA this time a year?
b

Cosmo 04-07-2005 10:59 AM

I'm going to have to come up to Richmond and check it out soon. John L and Joe H used to race down here in Roanoke with me. I haven't seen those guys in a while....