Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Thinking about sponsoring a small on road track in San Antonio, TX >

Thinking about sponsoring a small on road track in San Antonio, TX

Thinking about sponsoring a small on road track in San Antonio, TX

Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thinking about sponsoring a small on road track in San Antonio, TX

Hey everybody, I am new to this forum and new to RC racing. I went to the Cupcake Meet in Selma, TX and saw an RC drift track set up in the parking lot. My business is selling auto parts, and I thought this would be a perfect cross-over hobby to get into. After some digging, I found out that there is nowhere in San Antonio to race on road anymore. Just trying to test the waters to see if there would be any interest in putting up a track in my shop for Saturday afternoon racing. The track would have to be temporary and we wouldn't have any extra parts for sale at this time, but I would really like to help organize something. Yes, my company will sponsor the track building and hopefully get some name recognition with everyone that races, but the main reason behind it is to have fun and hopefully help the local RC on road race scene. Let me know what you guys think.

Any track ideas or local racers that would like to check out the location and give me some pointers would be welcome!! (Keep in mind, we are a daily functioning business, but we can move some stuff around when we need to. Nothing is permanent in this shop other than the office.)

There is about 1000 sq feet (50'x20') of usable space I can dedicate right now, but I might be able to expand to the other bay if we can come up with a design. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 11-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Rookie

I think this is a great idea sir! There is nothing like this that I know of in SA, and to have a shop sponsor it would be even better. I was at the Cupcake Meet, and it looked like fun to drift around alittle track.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sounds like......

Sounds like a small track set up maybe for 1/2 th scale, used to be we had several places to run back in the 80's and early 90's , been reading here at the forum and feel like getting back in to racing, so sounds like a great idea. Just need the word to get out I guess. Keep up the updates if your still planning to do this, I would run
Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Did anything ever come if this? Getting a 1/12 pan car and need somewhere to run it....