R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Track outside of Lima/Wapak, Ohio on 65? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/553399-track-outside-lima-wapak-ohio-65-a.html)

zeakemedia 09-23-2011 07:20 AM

Track outside of Lima/Wapak, Ohio on 65?

Anybody have information on this backyard track? CCRCR and The Factory are an hour and a half away from my house and CRCRC and EN Hobbies are right at an hour. This would be maybe twenty minutes. Just looking to practice here and there, if it stops raining, so I can make some laps.
Blake

joereloader 09-23-2011 07:58 AM

Here is a link to a guy that helped bulid the track. His name is Reed, should be able to help you out.

http://www.rcenthusiast.com/

Joe
www.dorcot.webs.com

uncle wes 09-24-2011 06:27 AM

BMI INDOOR SPEEDWAY

There is a new indoor offroad and oval TACK opening in November 12 2011
MORE INFO 937-676-2826

zeakemedia 09-24-2011 02:02 PM

That is a very nice gesture for sure Matt. But having a two hour drive to work just so I could practice more often would be a bit expensive.

Twisted Nitro 09-25-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by zeakemedia (Post 9698553)
That is a very nice gesture for sure Matt. But having a two hour drive to work just so I could practice more often would be a bit expensive.

Hey sometimes you have got to do what it takes for practice.:D

zeakemedia 09-25-2011 03:34 PM

Keep talking John. Next time when we get the participation award I'm gonna break whatever you are driving so I get the better award.

Twisted Nitro 09-25-2011 06:31 PM

:lol:

nitro_mt_racer 09-29-2011 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by zeakemedia (Post 9693797)
Anybody have information on this backyard track? CCRCR and The Factory are an hour and a half away from my house and CRCRC and EN Hobbies are right at an hour. This would be maybe twenty minutes. Just looking to practice here and there, if it stops raining, so I can make some laps.
Blake

You could stop at Reed's track and mine on the same day. I'm only 10 minutes south of Reed. www.djorcraceway.webs.com

zeakemedia 10-02-2011 12:12 PM

Without any pictures to see the track layout and size is it worth bringing a two wheel buggy there?

Twisted Nitro 10-02-2011 04:39 PM

Where was you at today?

nitro_mt_racer 10-02-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by zeakemedia (Post 9730750)
Without any pictures to see the track layout and size is it worth bringing a two wheel buggy there?

Went by Reed's track this weekend and it's not even raceable now. He only had one race there this year and that was the 3hr endurance race. Neither of our tracks are 2wd buggy friendly. These tracks are not groomed like crcrc. They are outdoor backyard dirt tracks.

zeakemedia 10-03-2011 03:36 PM

With how crappy I ran Friday I was not interested in running again like crap on Sunday. Add in that the sprint car ran like junk on Saturday and I froze my jiblits I wasn't interested in much of anything for Sunday. Can't wait to be the only AE buggy at Curt's, that is if Scott doesn't show up.
Not worried as much about how groomed a track is over how big the jumps are and if the SCT guys like to drive over people. Had a guy hit me with a Slash 4x4 at full speed in the side after two of us called wreck on the straight. I do a good enough job without any help of reducing the amount of time arms last on it.
Blake

nitro_mt_racer 10-03-2011 05:27 PM

I hear ya! We don't get a lot of guys with extensive racing experience at our track. This track was built to get the bashers interested in racing and improving their skills before going to crcrc, or en, or rc factory. We held our last race for the year this past weekend but you're more than welcome to come up and put some laps in. I'll be pulling the tile off this week to take to the new indoor track in Versailles OH for the winter season.