Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
New Track in Northwest Florida >

New Track in Northwest Florida

New Track in Northwest Florida

Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default New Track in Northwest Florida

Good morning everyone!

I am proud to announce the building of Florida's newest RC Park. TKO Rc Off-Road Club. Centrally located just off from I-10 in Chipley Florida. At the current moment we have 20 acres to build one of Florida's largest off road tracks with a possibility of up to 50 acres if the city approves it on Thursday. This will give us the amount of room to provide a top notch racing facility. Right now, plans are to include a clay off-road track with the possible foot print of 240' X 180' making it one of the largest RC tracks in the US. We are designing the track to be 1/10 friendly. There is also a posiblility of a completely seperate track for 1/10 and corr truck if we get approval of the additional acres. Also we are planning the build of a clay dirt oval with banked turns. That will be after the off-road in completed.
For furthure information, please contact me via PM.
I will update as ground breaking gets closer.
Thank you for reading this post and I hope to RACE with you all soon!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Update

Tomorrow will be the final vote at the city council meeting at 6:00pm in chipley. Everything looks great and should pass with flying colors. If anyone will be in the area and would like to attend, feel free to pm me for further information.
Also, it looks like we'll be removing the drivers stand and pit lane from the old RC Fun track in rohobeth possibly this weekend and transplanting it to the new track location in chipley. Lenard from Country Guns (the new business were RC Fun was) gladly donated the drivers stand, pit lane and any tubeing left at the old location. Extra hands would be greatly appriceated if you have the time. As it stands after tomorrows vote, we'll have 50 acres to build floida's premier RC racing facility. Our goals include a 240' X 180' 1/8 nitro off-road track, a 120' X 80' 1/10 and Corr truck track, A large dirt oval with banked incline turns, Rock crawling coarse, and possibly a man made pond for some boat racing. The location already includes a Air field for those of you who fly planes already.
Obviously this won't happen over night, but with enough hands, hard work and some dedication, the northwest panhandle will be considered floridas racing hot spot. I look forward to opening day and to everybody I currently race with along with all the new faces and competition.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Just FYI, I know the track size sound huge but we are wanting to have 15' lanes all the way around that way this can cater to 1/5 racing. I think with the addition to the losi 5ive-T it's going to start a trend with other manufactures and we want to be ready to accommodate this possible class.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you give us the site address? Some of us would like to drop by some time and take a look.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Can you give us the site address? Some of us would like to drop by some time and take a look.

Last night was the council voting......... The city is behind us 100% however before we set foot on the property we must provide liability insurance. So I'm woking on that today. If anyone has any info on inexpensive insurance, please PM with the info. This is NOT a set-back. Our goal is a combined 50 acres of property. The city only owns 30 of that. The other 20 has already been donated to us, so till we have the insurance for the city's land, we're going to get started on the other 20.

It's not set up as a physical address yet, but if you do a map quest it's on the corner of Spangenburg Rd & South Blvd in Chipley, Florida 32428.
We will be announcing a "GROUND BREAKING TRACK PARTY" soon. Burgers, hot dogs, chips, soda's will be provided. It's your chance to come out and have a great time with a bunch of folks as well as meeting some new ones. Heck we might get some work out of a few of ya!! LOL.
This task for such a large park is huge. We can only make it happen with community involvement and dedicated racers like you all.
We are waiting on our first 20 truck loads of clay, then after that it's time to get to work!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R40Victim
TKO RC Off-Road Park
999 South Blvd
chipley, Fl 32428
Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

hi that is great news i am in panama city beach the track i ran at in al closed down this year i will keep my eye on your opener
Old 09-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Thats great to hear. I use to run at LA Thunder as well. It's too bad it closed down the off road. He had a nice track.
Keep your eyes peeled for updates.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

That is some righteous news! I moved to Panama City last year and was sadly dissapointed with the lack of 1/8 racing (or any racing for that matter). Wound up selling all my stuff...guess it's time to hit the For Sale forum and see what I can find!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Man! sorry to hear that. You do know there's a track in panama city at Mihabi hobby shop. The man to get in contact with is Marcus Black. I'm not for sure if there running right now or not but they did have a large race a couple of months back. Another is in tallahassee at Frank Brown park. Check out their forum listed below. Bunch of great guys out there. Also if your into the electric scene there's a track in Ft. Walton beach. Oh, also there's one more Mossy Head RC. There finishing up the build soon and should be open shortly for some racing. Everybodies link is listed below. If you have any questions give me a shout.

http://s3.invisionfree.com/btrccentral/index.php
http://mossyheadrcracers.webs.com/?r...filiateNetwork
http://www.tallahasseerc.com/trcforum/
Old 10-05-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Finally recieved a quote from a new agent in Dothan (THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR. SEAY). So it looks like we will be able to enter the property on the 11th. !!!!!!!!
Just FYI for everyone......... I did look into the ROAR insurance but it only covered those who were members. Thats no good for non-members, spectators, or anyone else who steps foot on thwe property. So to save everyone the cost of having to pay for ROAR I chose to look into a independent with the accuall coverage I needed.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

7 layouts have been sent to my good ol' buddy Tim Murry to be transfered to auto cad. I should have the final designs back in a couple days. I'll post them soon after.

Let the voting begin!
As always any input is always appreciated!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

It's official

As of last nights City council meeting and voting, TKO RC Off-Road Park is officially allowed to break ground with the cities 110% backing!!!!!!

This has been transformed from an idea to reality!

Tonight were plotting out where were going to position the first track and get it marked off.

This weekend we are going to relocate the drivers stand and pit lane from the old RC Fun track to our new location. It is a 40' long stand and we need all the hands we can get to help disassamble it and transport it.

Anyone willing to help, please pm, or call me!

1-850-983-4126 Work# 7:00am-3:30pm
1-850-415-6179 Home# After 5:15pm
1-850-260-4608 Cell# 3:30pm - bed time lol

Thank you,
Troy Turner
Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Calling on anybody that may have some time this weekend to really help us out. Saturday the 22nd and sunday the 23rd, we need 10-15 people to help relocate a drivers stand, pit lane and misc. pipes, tubing, and wood from the old RC Fun track to our new track located in Chipley.

Keith Collins and I got it apart in 3 sections on saturday, however the 4x4 legs are cemented in the ground about 8". We need the man power to help left it out of the ground and put on trailers then taken back off at the new location.

I know most of you were busy last weekend but if you have any time to help out, it will be greatly appreciated!!!!

On another note, in 2 weeks on the 29th I plan on having an official ground breaking ceromony with coverage by all the local papers and media coverage from the dothan and panama citys television news channels. We will be cooking hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and soda for all that attend. By this time we should have the basic dimension of the track cleared. If you plan on attending please bring your nitro or electric car or truck with you. I'm sure the news would like to get some pictures of them driving or sitting still. I felt this ground breaking would be a great way to put our sport into main stream public eye!!!!

I hope all can attend. There's still tons to due before we open. This is just the start. If you can lend a hand this weekend, please PM, E-mail, or contact me asap so I can plan on who will be there.

You can call me @
1-850-983-4126 Work
1-850-260-4608 Cell
1-850-415-6179 Home
Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default track build

ok guys the more help mr.troy get the faster we can burn some nitro.. im going up on sat morning around 9 ... if you can make it post what time you can be there..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.