Wiki Posts
Search

Burlington Vermont?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Ebseb
sometimes the border can be a pain but most of the time good. There also is a track in glens falls NY that runs onroad racing i don't know what classes they have but you can call them it is Racing City Hobbies (518)792-7272 ask for ken he runs the show
Old 10-01-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Initiate

nah we dont even have a roadcourse track just a nice banked oval there isnt even a spot for road in our track it is kinda small
Old 10-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Butters:
Thanks for the info, I'll look in to it.
gspot:
That sucks. If I'm out there, do you guys think there is enough interest to start something up for OnRaod guys, or is there just not enough serious racers in the area? A small club would be cool that we alll organized, but not a professional venue with shop (I know that's a bigger job). I'm talking more about just a set up for everyone to get together like a parking lot race, but maybe inside too.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

no there are serious racers here we get about 80 people on an on day and we all like the small banked oval but if you looking for that kinda stuff there is also a track in saint jay but i ghot a post up about how they cheat its called rigged race! if you are thinking about going there read that first but they have a roadcoarse i believe and the do outdoor indoor races check out www.rctoybox.com
Old 10-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks. If that's true, then that sucks. But, I won't be that bummed. At the level of club racing, its more about fun, and when you smoke someone, even if the other guy wins, he knows and you know. If someone else wins that way, its an empty win. I wouldn't feel good to win that way knowing the faster guy checked out on me. I couldn't look him in the face. To me, club racing is about having fun and laughing with new friends. If that's really absent from there, then that's too bad. I'm not giving up on my favorite hobby, so I'd have to find somewhere else to run with like minded racers.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Initiate

no thats not what i am saying the club that i am in is great no cheating it is just fun, but there is another place (not a club) where they cheat
Old 10-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

What club is that, that is doing those antics?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

there is no club that cheats (that i know of at least) there is a store in st jay called rc toy box that alot of B.S. goes on at
Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check out this super fast and fun track in Burlington VT. Very fast and technical! Elevated Drivers stand. High banked turns, good rhythm sections, big jumps, wide lanes(Good for 4-6 1/8 sized vehicles at a time), long/fast technical sweeping corners. perfect for 1/8 sized racing. The buggies and Truggys really open up at Sears Lane!!! Very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. More of a club track. Open to all! Any sized R/C is welcome.
I have been all over New England and seen a lot of the tracks in the region and this is one of the nicest looking and absolutely most fun tracks around!
Not to be missed if you are in the Northern New England area! This is maintained by a small group of enthusiasts that wanted a fun place to meet up with others and get their race on!

p.m. me for more info but this track is worth it! The more the better!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Great Onroad Nitro and Electric racing just 5 min north of the Vermont border.

Goto www.rcpikeriver.com we have 2 races left for the season, this coming weekend on Sunday the 13th and the next Sunday the 20th of Sept.

See you there.