Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

thanks

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...=UTF8&t=h&z=16

here is a link

thanks everyone
Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jesus,this is what happens when you pur your heart into a track.....LETDOWN!!!!! I have been busy moving into my new house and Im still dealing with the cable guy and the Verizon phone company on hooking up my lines (just got my internet up and running today) and STILL havent got all our stuff moved yet.With working my day job and all,I have had little time to be at the track to help out,which shouldnt determine the choice to mow it over and make a corn field out of it (i hope).Once again thou,this is someone elses property and their call!!!! I am sorry to hear that patience could not be taken over the weather and every weekend has been rain,which we cannot control!!!! This track really had the potential to be something big and NEVER had the chance to take off!!! I know there were alot of doubts in the beginning but I guess I was hoping they would pass. I know everyone was looking forward to seeing the new track and meeting new faces but I believe Toby had to do what he felt was the right thing.I hope maybe there can be another chance for a track to open locally,were we can all have a blast racing,cause lets face it,with the price of gas going up all the time,it sure would be nice to have a local track
Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Team T2C
we are not "local" but we are pretty much done. We ran our cars on the track yesterday all day.

we have a lap counting system, electric, lights....... we could use racers, helpers and suggestions.

Shawn

I sent you a PM Shawn. I am really looking forward to making a trip up to see the facility!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Sucks about the different tracks around Altoona being shut down. My son and I are just getting into the hobby and where looking for a local track to run! Best wishes for a future tract!

Tom
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Same here, i have so much money into this hobby and no where to run them.

Where now?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cougarcruisin
Same here, i have so much money into this hobby and no where to run them.

Where now?
If you look somewhere in this forum section there's a new track maybe going into Osterburg. Not far away at all.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

I invested a few bucks into this track. I am currently in contact with the guy from Osterburg about his track. I am willing to donate the hundreds of dollars of stuff I bought, as long as he is serious about this.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

I've been keeping up to date with the osterburg track thread.

I commend your efforts to try to get a track up and going. I'm going to the Pittsburgh Raceway Park RC practice tomorrow. Its a 1/8 scale track but I'm told 1/10s will do okay.

They dont have races set up yet, just a place drive around. I suppose its WAY better than driving in circles in the back yard.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

My son and I have been Bashing are RC's at Unlimited Cycle Sales in Tyrone, pa. in the side lot. This place would be a great place for a race track. It's all slate and there is plenty of room, enough for at least two tracks and grand stands and still have room for bashing!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Bring out your dead.

Ok sorry. So I'm in State College...is there ANY place near here to run? I saw this thread and was excited only to find out that the track made it like 3 months.

Also where do you guys shop? There is no LHS in State College that has RC anymore now that Nittany Line closed down.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Im in Dubois. Anyone even have a back yard track or anything? We gave a full hobby shop in Dubois but no where to race. Agh
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cougarcruisin
Im in Dubois. Anyone even have a back yard track or anything? We gave a full hobby shop in Dubois but no where to race. Agh
What's the story with the track at the batting cages/driving range across the street from the Thunderbird on Rt 322 (end of Thunderbird Rd)? You can actually see it if you look at Google Maps.

I'm from State College but used to spend half the summer in DuBois when I was growing up (in the 80s)...I actually used to work for Gary at Fischels during the summer to help offset the cost of this hobby. We used to race at a paved oval that was behind the old Jr High on what I think used to be fair grounds or something. Looking at Google maps it isn't there anymore...all sorts of stuff built in that area that wasn't there 20+ years ago.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

State College is probably only a hour from Lost Creek (LCRC). They also have a hobby shop and can get just about anything you want.

http://lcrcraceway.com/

Its definitely worth the trip.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default +1

Originally Posted by Ed237
State College is probably only a hour from Lost Creek (LCRC). They also have a hobby shop and can get just about anything you want.

http://lcrcraceway.com/

Its definitely worth the trip.

Yep.
Best track on the east coast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.