Wiki Posts
Search

NEW MEGA TRACK IN HARRISBURG?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NEW MEGA TRACK IN HARRISBURG?

I was wondering if any one has any info on the new indoor facility openening in Harrisburg? Suppose to be huge with both oval and offroad racing as well as a full blown hobby shop! I cant wait to see it!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies
I was wondering if any one has any info on the new indoor facility openening in Harrisburg? Suppose to be huge with both oval and offroad racing as well as a full blown hobby shop! I cant wait to see it!
I think you mean Bumps and Jumps Rc raceway?!?!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

No, its new, hasnt opened yet. It will have real dirt lol Suppose to be awesome. Im looking forward to see it. might just be worth driving that way to see it once its open.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

No, its new, hasnt opened yet. It will have real dirt lol Suppose to be awesome. Im looking forward to see it. might just be worth driving that way to see it once its open.
Well I will believe it when I see it!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If its new and hasnt opened yet, how do you have any info on it? your asking other people for info on it, when your the only one who apparently knows anything about it, so why dont you fill us all in on what you heard
Old 03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I talked with a racer from the Harrisburg area and its true! Its happenening, they are in the process of leasing the building now. From what im told is that this track will be well know just buy the owners reputation. Im excited that there will be an actual indoor track that has heat and is an all dirt off road track. Im thinking of moving back to the Harrisburg area just to race there.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

that would be cool if a track opens in Harrisburg. hoping they run 5th scale. need a local track instead of traveling.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Might be good for winter, but most head outdoors for summer racing. Like others said, bumps is the indoor dirt place to be in the winter. I have to wonder how many tracks and hobby shops does the area think it can support. It's the same group of racers at most tracks and I sometimes think that people think money is just growing out of our pockets that we can run at 4 or 5 tracks a week. And from visting most of those places, it's pretty apparent you are not going to get rich on it.

Bulldog,

I can't see 5th scale and indoor every happening.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jason Haas
Well I will believe it when I see it!
You would have thought someone local would know about it.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Your right, the sad thing is here is the track has capital ($$$) backing it. Makes it hard for others to compete, especially when times get tough. I dont think there will ever be an indoor 1/5 scale track here in pa. Its illegal to run nitro methane or any other type fuel indoors without being inspected by the state. The ventilation system alone is so outragous in cost that no one could really afford it.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Your right, the sad thing is here is the track has capital ($$$) backing it. Makes it hard for others to compete, especially when times get tough. I dont think there will ever be an indoor 1/5 scale track here in pa. Its illegal to run nitro methane or any other type fuel indoors without being inspected by the state. The ventilation system alone is so outragous in cost that no one could really afford it.
HMMM, bumps and jumps runs nitros on their indoor track.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Might be good for winter, but most head outdoors for summer racing. Like others said, bumps is the indoor dirt place to be in the winter. I have to wonder how many tracks and hobby shops does the area think it can support. It's the same group of racers at most tracks and I sometimes think that people think money is just growing out of our pockets that we can run at 4 or 5 tracks a week. And from visting most of those places, it's pretty apparent you are not going to get rich on it.

Bulldog,

I can't see 5th scale and indoor every happening.
I agree with this Post. There are already 3 Offroad Tracks, 2 Dirt Oval Tracks,
and 1 that runs both Offroad and Dirt Oval. Do we really need another track in this area...
Old 03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmackani
HMMM, bumps and jumps runs nitros on their indoor track.
So does McCullough's in Sarver.

Coincidentally, word has it there's a big track going in Dudley Pa. It's supposed to have the best dirt ever seen and Some guy from out west flew in and built it. Then I heard another one is going in Martinsburg pa wich is only 10 minutes from Dudley. It's not supposed to be as big as the one in Dudley but I heard it's Government funded. Then I heard another track is being put in Hollidaysburg ironically enough 10 minutes from Martinsburg, this one is being sponsored by A-Main Hobbies. It's supposed to be a domed arena with a retractable roof. It is also rumored that Amain will have an on site hobby shop, a Hooters, and a Beer distributor. It will be run year round and guys dressed like Elvis will help you unload and get to the climate controlled pits.

Last edited by gixxerman; 03-07-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gixxerman
So does McCullough's in Sarver.

Coincidentally, word has it there's a big track going in Dudley Pa. It's supposed to have the best dirt ever seen and Some guy from out west flew in and built it. Then I heard another one is going in Martinsburg pa wich is only 10 minutes from Dudley. It's not supposed to be as big as the one in Dudley but I heard it's Government funded. Then I heard another track is being put in Hollidaysburg ironically enough 10 minutes from Martinsburg, this one is being sponsored by A-Main Hobbies. It's supposed to be a domed arena with a retractable roof. It is also rumored that Amain will have an on site hobby shop, a Hooters, and a Beer distributer. It will be run year round and guys dressed like Elvis will help you unload and get to the climate controlled pits.
You just got my attention! I'll run the beer garden.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hambone
You just got my attention! I'll run the beer garden.
There's supposed to be Beer taps at each pit table.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.