Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
P-LOT RACING IN Southern California AGAIN? >

P-LOT RACING IN Southern California AGAIN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Several people have asked if I would be willing to start P-lot racing again in the IE. Yes, but I am unwilling to do it by myself, and am in the process of moving to Texas in 2009 were Titus Hobbies & Raceway will reopen, so this needs to be setup as a club with total voting membership, so I can walk away in 2009, and vist to race from time to time
I have spoken with the City of Corona, and there is space reserved for a permenant facility when the money is available to build it!

Here is what I propose

1. Club setup as NOT for Profit ( this means every penney goes back into the club and is spent on the club at years end)

2. There must be the following Executive positions
President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer
Race Director
Rules Director
Promotions Director
Track Manager

3. All members will vote at Monthly meetings to be held at a coffee shop or similar location.

4. Membership is $50 per year, and includes all racing fees (non-members pay to race), members are required to work 1 setup OR break down per month.

5. All financials will be listed publicly on the website in a secure location for members to see at all times.

If anyone is interested in getting this started, I open discussion here. The goal would be to have our first race in late January, then run bi-monthly as determined by the membership. All over the country, clubs are doing incredible things, what about us? 20 members would produce $1,000 in which we could build the initial track, a good one! It's time we all put our heads together and create a great club for southern Cal!
Old 09-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by cornerspeed; 09-06-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:14 AM
Tech Rookie

woW..i had to make this post. WHo asked you to run races?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed

I second this, Donnie.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Never Changes

Somethings never change, still acting like 15 year old girls. I LOVE watching the old home video!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisCrash
Somethings never change, still acting like 15 year old girls. I LOVE watching the old home video!

Hahahaha, so funny.

I won't comment on the first post, but.... Haven't people learned that Corona is NOT the place to open a track??? I know of FOUR (4)...1, 2, 3, 4...FOUR tracks that have come and gone in NO time in Corona.

Second, when will YOU learn to treat people with respect?? As soon as you do (and quit saying crap behind their backs), you won't get blasted every time you open your mouth. Ya see, when local racers support a track (track owner, etc), and get openly bashed on the internet, it's hard to just 'let it go'.

If you'd like, we can get together and talk about this. I had NUMEROUS PM's about this thread, but I'm the only one that will come on here and actually SAY anything.

Last edited by TPhalen; 09-07-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default The Issues

Tracks have come and gone all over Southern California, if we went back 10 years, we could probably count 30-40. There is no Perfect place to race? The issue is quite frankly the racing community. We are all in a bunch clicks, running around trying to out do the other guy, and show how much better whatever it is that we do is better than Joe shmoe. Obviously that is the current culture here in Cali, so it really is no surprise that we see it in the race community. The issue is, can we overcome it? I think yes!

Here is the kicker. I am volunteering time, and you and your boys immediately begin the online attack. THAT, is why we don't have places to race! I find it amazing how people sit in their pits charging batteries, and have the audacity to consider bashing the people busting their butts, in sometimes 100 degree heat to provide a place for you to race? Most People don't run P-lot races with the thought of making money... it's the love of the hobby, and the desire to give back to their community. I can teach summer school and make more money than I can in an entire year of running P-lot racing (that’s 4 weeks 8-12pm). But some people have other agendas, and some are just bitter at how their own lives are going and need to punish others? I am not saying that either is you, but I was one of your strongest supporters as a great guy at the track until recently... Why is that? What went wrong? I can also say this of a few other people we know... How did this all happen? Well quite frankly, I decided a few years ago to run some races because some kids at my high school wanted a place to race...

I don't need to host races, quite honestly, I am starting to think this is a bad idea. Also, lets make one thing clear, I have my moments where I am the biggest Dumbass in town like every one else! I make mistakes, and fly off the handle just like any normal person. But the fact is, I never trashed talked, I even requested that it be halted and taken to other threads, which was met with more trash talk, so from day one I was defending myself from the trash talk, and even defending a few others?

So I leave this as evidence of the exact issues I have been discussing? I am more than content to make my move the Texas in 2009 without having helped to start this club. In fact if I wanted to make money I would take the 10 acres my uncle offered me close by and build an off-road facility there until I move. But for some reason I want to keep giving back to my community, stupid me?

Tony, would love to talk with you, maybe we can get things started in the right direction?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Tracks have come and gone .....Tony, would love to talk with you, maybe we can get things started in the right direction?
I'm up for it but....

I never trashed talked, I even requested that it be halted and taken to other threads, which was met with more trash talk
Let's not overdo it. The event was the event and it ended how it ended....it was the crap you wrote on the internet the following day (or two) later that really got me....how I cussed you and your wife out, threw stuff, and acted like a 4 year old. How I 'didn't win the race so I had to complain', while the ENTIRE A-MAIN logged on here and said it was a false start and how I had every right to 'complain'. Yet I NEVER cussed you and your wife out! NEVER threw anything. I was even defended (on here) by the race director, Mr John Gaul.

Anyway, that is what ticked me off. BIG TIME. And, you said your 'sorry's', but in a PM and not the open forum with which you bashed me so harshly.

So, am I a little bitter? Yes. A little. Can we get together and resolve this?? YES, we can. (However, there is one thing I expect....I'll leave it to you to decide what that is). And, can WE do something to work forward on this??? Possibly. I will do what I can...I, too, love the sport of RC. That's why I ASKED to be the Promotions Director. I have a TON of ideas to make the sport grow...who knows if they will pan out, but it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully, you can be a part of it in however you are willing to contribute.

I will call you, Chris. And I hope we can meet over lunch and discuss some things.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

i live in riverside and would be willing to get involved. i dont know about all the drama, but i met chris once when i stopped by titus about a year ago just to check it out. he seemed like a good guy to me...

...as for the plan, it seems pretty sound...for the most part...
i'll keep checking back to see what unfolds
Old 09-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default National League Worst!

Had to start with that title Dodger Fan I cannot believe the baseball being played in the NLW! Padres 1 game over .500, and the rest below! Anyway, I don't know if it's a solid plan, I just hope it's an intriguing start? I am interested in hearing what other people have to say in the way of formation. I'm simply suggesting that we set it up the way we would on a High School Campus? Always, setting things up for the next 4 year rotation of students. I look at some of these clubs in TEXAS, FLORIDA, etc. and I say WOW! We have a bigger base, the best racers in the country (I'm secretly moving the Texas to be fast), and most of the manufactures, we should have atleast 1 club that blows the rest of the country off the map! Will this be it? Don't know, can it be it? Yes, but it will take a community of racers to do it!

I would like to have a tentative meeting date of
Sunday September 25th 4pm (someone let me now if there is racing that day?)

Starbucks Corona 951-280-0944
Corner of Magnolia & Ontario

Anyone interested should come, no matter if you just want to be a board member, or just race

I will post an agenda in a few days
I will need 1 person to act as secretary (until someone is voted in)
I will act as chair (no vote)
Old 09-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

I would like to have a tentative meeting date of
Sunday September 25th 4pm (someone let me now if there is racing that day?)

Starbucks Corona 951-280-0944
Corner of Magnolia & Ontario

Anyone interested should come, no matter if you just want to be a board member, or just race

)
I think that 90% of the racers will be at vegas that sunday.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default That's right

Forgot about the ICC or IIC?

Is there racing on October 1st?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Had to start with that title Dodger Fan I cannot believe the baseball being played in the NLW! Padres 1 game over .500, and the rest below!
yeah the Dogs are suckin'. They're about as lifeless as this thread!
whyaren't you going tp the ICC, Chris?
Old 09-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default Stinky

I don't want to stink up the place!
It is an indoor race after all

No actually, I have retired from electric racing for awhile, I love gas touring, and I am headed back in that direction, just waiting on the new Mugen. Robby Collins has been hounding me for years to run a Mugen, So I thought I'd make it so! I actually sold my Losi without putting a single run on it, Ouch!
Next year, I'll get back into electric once I get the Mugen dialed in...

Last edited by ChrisCrash; 09-14-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Is It My turn Yet?

Chris, Chris, Chris. . . Some people never learn, and some people aways figure that there are more people to take advantage of and you are one of those people.

- I just talked to CEN and they said your position over there remain available and that you sucked!
- Your parking lot racing program SUCKED!
- Your announcing SUCKED!
- You then talked about how great JLap was and that SUCKED!
- You then put AMB down while using JLAP and you sucked!
- Then you used John Gault and his system and that sucked!
- You then sent numerous emails to Shane of RCTECH.net and got my TIRESHREDDER loggin name banded that SUCKED.
- You then held a race, saw how many people came to the race, INCREASE THE ENTRY FEE, and that SUCKED.
- You then open Titus hobbies, made promises and deals which SUCKED!
- The store didn't even last 1 year and that SUCKED
- You then bad mouth Charlies at Hobby Town Corona, that sucked!
- you then joined the 4 Aces Racing in Las Vegas, that sucked!
- you then borrowed a copy of the AMB transponder system and attempted to run more parking lot races and that ______!
- you then go through emails and tell people how to spell and correct there pronunciations and that sucked!
- YOU ARE NOW TRYING TO PUT ON ANOTHER MIRAGE OF RC CAR RACING AND I'M SURE THAT WAS SUCK TOO!
- Chris if you develop a plan to start parking lot racing again in Corona, I will open a track as close to you as possible and let people race for free on the same day, same time that you race. LEAVE THIS INDUSTRY ALONE, GO BACK TO CHURCH!

And Tony P, I would highly recommend that you find someone else to have lunch with, Jesus knew Juda also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.