R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/486709-rt281-raceway-off-road-friedens-pa-15501-a.html)

Team T2C 02-27-2011 12:35 PM

RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501

If anyone is in the general area of western Pa and interested in offroad racing mainly 1/10 , we are putting in a dedicated 1/10(larger) maybe 1/8(smaller) scale out door off road track at the RT281 raceway location.

Surrounding areas if you dont know are:

Pittsburgh 1 hour
Altoona 1 hour
Morgantown WVA 1 hour

We are looking at saturday races that start during the day for practice(maybe 1:00) and start racing at night 7:00pm under the lights.

It will be a larger dedicated site. the site dimensions are 125 X 80 FT. As for a layout there is nothing yet completed.

We have a AMB Rc4 counting system, Lights and indoor Pitting. If you are interested in learning more please post up here.

We also have a 450 ft bank concrete oval on the local for those guys that may have pan cars.

Thanks
Shawn

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?title=T2C%20Raceway%20Schedule&amp;height=40 0&amp;wkst=1&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;src=s.brown 0771%40gmail.com&amp;color=%23182C57&amp;ctz=Ameri ca%2FNew_York" style=" border-width:0 " width="400" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?title=T2C%20Raceway%20Schedule&amp;height=40 0&amp;wkst=1&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;src=s.brown 0771%40gmail.com&amp;color=%23182C57&amp;ctz=Ameri ca%2FNew_York" style=" border-width:0 " width="400" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=sales%40t2crc.com&ctz=America/New_York" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

T. Herwig 02-27-2011 02:22 PM

I'd be interested in the 10th scale and 8th scale off-road. :nod: Would be nice to have a local track for once!

Team T2C 02-27-2011 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler350 (Post 8718559)
I'd be interested in the 10th scale and 8th scale off-road. :nod: Would be nice to have a local track for once!

wow you not kidding about local!!!!

any questions feel free to call 814-289-9619

gixxerman 02-27-2011 04:16 PM

Hey Shawn, what's your proposed opening day? I'd like to see a 1/8th track personally. And also maybe a little earlier start time, maybe doing mains under the lights. Are the pits the same ones that we used for oval?

Team T2C 02-27-2011 04:26 PM

on the pits yes if we start getting some good turnouts.

I am going to need advise but the bob cat is ready as soon as it is dry enough to start moving the dirt.

i am looking forward to this because it seems i have alot more off roaders local then i do pan car racers.

as for start times. i just want to make sure we give people enough times to get thier honey do;s done

Also it will be located right off the back of the building next to the oval

Team T2C 02-27-2011 07:37 PM

i have had alot of emails about this idea

So i just want to say

We are going to start small, I welcome the ideas that everyone is giving me. We will be taking step by step and hope to have a great place for locals and others to come out and enjoy.

I heard alot about surfaces and jump distances.

Since we are somewhat limited in size 120x80 i think we will build something, it may be more technical 8th scale and a larger 10th scale or should i say SC track.

It has been 20 years since i had my off road track in waldorf md. But i am looking forward to it

Again suggestions are welcomed.

T. Herwig 02-27-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Team T2C (Post 8720229)
i have had alot of emails about this idea

So i just want to say

We are going to start small, I welcome the ideas that everyone is giving me. We will be taking step by step and hope to have a great place for locals and others to come out and enjoy.

I heard alot about surfaces and jump distances.

Since we are somewhat limited in size 120x80 i think we will build something, it may be more technical 8th scale and a larger 10th scale or should i say SC track.

It has been 20 years since i had my off road track in waldorf md. But i am looking forward to it

Again suggestions are welcomed.

Very happy to hear this. Just glad to have the possibility of a nice track in Somerset! Hopefully can help promote this for you.

jimj 03-01-2011 08:31 AM

GREAT NEWS!!!

Really glad to hear that an off-road track will be available in Somerset and Saturdays works for me. I have an 8ight-T and a Ten-T, and was looking for somewhere local to run. Keep us posted on progress.

Team T2C 03-01-2011 08:43 AM

thanks and once this gets going advice is welcomed.

Pancar dude 03-01-2011 05:54 PM

Gla to hear that there is interest in this Shawn so it doesn't turn out like the first attempt at carpet.( but I would have always won) lol :)

Team T2C 03-01-2011 07:53 PM

i was looking for the rules concerning the off road track and i cant seem to get any of the links to work either at ifmar or roar.

any copies please let me know

thanks

Team T2C 03-01-2011 08:00 PM

nevermind it was a PDF problem

Team T2C 03-02-2011 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Guys here is a first try at a layout. I am trying to design it so the 1/8th can stretch their legs out some and also maybe have a shorter more friendly 1/10th run line.

All these measurements are estimated each box is representing 3 ft.

also they are estimated from the inside of each turn.

Using this estimated design the run line is about 410 ft maybe give you take 20 ft.

Not sure if that is big enough for 1/8th scales.

this has none of the technical jumps etc. this is just a first attempt at a layout. any advice would be greatly appreciated

Again keep in mind it is a rough draft.

In addtion we may be able to find another 30 or so feet depending on how it lays out

Pancar dude 03-02-2011 03:19 PM

Cool, looking good shawn cant wait.

HotRod Hobbies 03-02-2011 08:28 PM

HOTROD HOBBIES 2011 RACE SCHEDULE

1 Attachment(s)
HotRod Hobbies 2011 Race Schedule
New Track! Clay Surface 60x120 AMB/RC Scoring Pro
APRIL 24th TEST & TUNE DAY

Attachment 716298

Email: [email protected]

Team T2C 03-03-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies (Post 8738469)
HotRod Hobbies 2011 Race Schedule
New Track! Clay Surface 60x120 AMB/RC Scoring Pro
APRIL 24th TEST & TUNE DAY

Attachment 716298

Email: [email protected]

DUDE WHY DONT YOU START YOUR OWN THREAD! I am sure if i pull this crap on your thread you would be having a cow and reporting me.

Remove this post. unless you plan on paying for my tracks expenses.:nod:

Team T2C 03-03-2011 12:22 PM

hey anyone out there can give me some insight as if that is just too small. let me know advice is welcomed

T. Herwig 03-03-2011 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Team T2C (Post 8741501)
hey anyone out there can give me some insight as if that is just too small. let me know advice is welcomed

I'm not too familiar with actual track sizes, but 96x40 seems good!

When designing the jumps, make sure to keep both scales in mind. Keep it tricky to make the driver think, but still easy enough for a newer driver to have fun. Elevation changes, diversity and sections that make you think are what make a track good in my opinion.

HotRod Hobbies 03-03-2011 04:23 PM

Hey you have my permission to put your ads on my thread. I'm not going to wine or cry about it. Actually, it promotes the hobby! So, if your that upset about promoting it and you feel threatened then remove it. Actually the name was a track here in the 80's, in fact that might just be where the name came from........huh Not intended to take racers, just let them know about a track here in pa. Sorry if you feel threatened.

Team T2C 03-03-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies (Post 8742596)
Hey you have my permission to put your ads on my thread. I'm not going to wine or cry about it. Actually, it promotes the hobby! So, if your that upset about promoting it and you feel threatened then remove it. Actually the name was a track here in the 80's, in fact that might just be where the name came from........huh Not intended to take racers, just let them know about a track here in pa. Sorry if you feel threatened.

no it just shows the kind of person you are. you have now respect! look at the other threads, all the other track talks and get along if you would have asked and i said yes it would be different. i dont think you are going to gain a lot of racers by doing it this way.

HotRod Hobbies 03-03-2011 06:34 PM

So, let me ask you; Whats the big deal? If i show up at your track with a huge race trailer advertising the shop and track are you going to be offended too? I think your blowing this out of proportion dont you?

Team T2C 03-03-2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies (Post 8743266)
So, let me ask you; Whats the big deal? If i show up at your track with a huge race trailer advertising the shop and track are you going to be offended too? I think your blowing this out of proportion dont you?

wow you will go far with a attitude like this. Good luck. And you are welcome to come with a trailer.

HotRod Hobbies 03-03-2011 06:45 PM

No attitude here, just showing off a track to fellow racers. I hope you dont treat your racers the way you have treated me. Thanks for the permission to show up with my trailer:)

Team T2C 03-03-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by HotRod Hobbies (Post 8743324)
No attitude here, just showing off a track to fellow racers. I hope you dont treat your racers the way you have treated me. Thanks for the permission to show up with my trailer:)

thanks for bumping my thread. i am sure if you look where you posted in other threads you were as welcomed as you were here.

revoluv 03-07-2011 03:57 PM

Anyway,I race and help out here at Altoona Raceway and I am glad to see more tracks opening.I live only 5min from our track so I know how nice it is to have a local track near by!!!!!:nod:.I like were you are going with the track,and I hope it will be 8 scale friendly.I wish ya the best with the track bud!!!!;)

carcrusher46 03-07-2011 04:02 PM

I'm interested in giving this location a try - do you have any more info regarding scheduling, location, etc? It's only an hour away so maybe I can come out on somewhat of a regular basis. Any plans on running 1/10 electric off-road?

And Hotrod - Make your own thread if your track is that important. Maybe we'll all come out to your place one day and hand out fliers for our tracks that run the same day as yours and take your clientele - I'm sure you'd love that, wouldn't you?

lovell 03-07-2011 04:13 PM

All I need to say...

Build it and they will come!

gixxerman 03-07-2011 04:43 PM

Everything sounds/looks good Shawn! Layout looks very good.

Team T2C 03-08-2011 08:50 PM

WE are completely removing the the oval Track to have the off road located in that area.

this will allow us to have multple elevation changes compare to before.

We are going to use the dirtoval clay and mix it will that black top soil. we will be able to expand it a slight bit more now.

Shawn

let it dry up some!!! and we will break ground.

T. Herwig 03-08-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Team T2C (Post 8771125)
WE are completely removing the the oval Track to have the off road located in that area.

this will allow us to have multple elevation changes compare to before.

We are going to use the dirtoval clay and mix it will that black top soil. we will be able to expand it a slight bit more now.

Shawn

let it dry up some!!! and we will break ground.

Sick!! :sneaky: Looks like you've gotten the attention of a good deal of racers as well. Really hope this takes off. 5 minutes away to race? Will be nice, very nice! :D

Team T2C 03-08-2011 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by carcrusher46 (Post 8763273)
I'm interested in giving this location a try - do you have any more info regarding scheduling, location, etc? It's only an hour away so maybe I can come out on somewhat of a regular basis. Any plans on running 1/10 electric off-road?

And Hotrod - Make your own thread if your track is that important. Maybe we'll all come out to your place one day and hand out fliers for our tracks that run the same day as yours and take your clientele - I'm sure you'd love that, wouldn't you?

I will keep you all informed. We are hoping that this be a good move. It seems to be moving in a positive direction. Lets hope it grows

revoluv 03-12-2011 05:13 PM

I am really looking forward to checking out the new track whether its 1/10 or 1/8 scale.Keep up the good work!!!!!;)

Team T2C 03-12-2011 05:22 PM

Well i got some more room so we are most likely going to gain some sq ft. and help. also we are going to go opposite times from the grand daddy track LCRC.

i am honestly feeling good about this

T. Herwig 03-12-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Team T2C (Post 8790938)
Well i got some more room so we are most likely going to gain some sq ft. and help. also we are going to go opposite times from the grand daddy track LCRC.

i am honestly feeling good about this

Getting me excited. :blush:

When do you expect to actually start running/opening? Any ETA? Lots of construction to do. The layout looks good.

You got the right idea. Elevation changes, and "non" back and forth is what is key.

Team T2C 03-12-2011 08:17 PM

if i make a crazy arena cross step up/ catapult jump would that stop some people from being interested?

Let me know how high the jumps and landings should be, remember i was in the motox industry and could easily over do it.

what is the thought on distance and height for cars?

T. Herwig 03-12-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Team T2C (Post 8791648)
if i make a crazy arena cross step up/ catapult jump would that stop some people from being interested?

Let me know how high the jumps and landings should be, remember i was in the motox industry and could easily over do it.

Step ups are cool. LCRC has a pretty tricky one as shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTW8Vpd0md8
(Around 20 seconds in)

Remember, it needs to be friendly for 10th scale drivers but still good to keep 8th scale guys happy. I am not familiar with the actual sizes of jumps so you may want to wait on an actual track builder to chime in there.

carcrusher46 03-13-2011 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Team T2C (Post 8791648)

Big jumps are big fun, as long as they're built right - make sure they have the proper transitions and kick. PRP made that mistake and made a bunch of huge jumps that were essentially driving up a long hill and then falling off a cliff, which means you can't clear the jumps.

revoluv 03-13-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by carcrusher46 (Post 8792699)
Big jumps are big fun, as long as they're built right - make sure they have the proper transitions and kick. PRP made that mistake and made a bunch of huge jumps that were essentially driving up a long hill and then falling off a cliff, which means you can't clear the jumps.

I see you have Matt Stoltz on your signiture.Did you go to Hollidaysburgh High School by any chance?I didnt know if maybe this was the same person!!!

carcrusher46 03-14-2011 09:29 AM

Nope, I'm from southwestern PA

revoluv 03-14-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by carcrusher46 (Post 8799122)
Nope, I'm from southwestern PA

Oops,I see.Sorry about that.His name is spelled the same and everything.