Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback >

New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback

New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback

Old 01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigGus71
That's what I'm talking about, cutting out the long drive for a lot of people. If someone has to get up at 5:00 - 5:30AM 5 days a week do you think they want to do it on the weekend then drive 2 to 3 hours?
you been stalking me? i leave for work atr6:15 to get into manhattan and then on saturday morning i wake up at 6:30 so i can get to horsham.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

In all the years I have been in racing in this area. I don't ever think anyone tried to do this in north Jersey. With the population there you would think it's a great idea.

-Get rental vehicles for new comers to try.
-send flyers to schools and scout troops
-set up a way to have birthday parties for kids

All that will help fund the place for race days. Keep the place clean and family orientated and they will keep coming back.

Good luck! Keep us updated!!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
you been stalking me? i leave for work atr6:15 to get into manhattan and then on saturday morning i wake up at 6:30 so i can get to horsham.
Hahaha! I get up at 5 for work and get into the office by 6. I like to get a little extra sleep on weekends.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nikos2002
In all the years I have been in racing in this area. I don't ever think anyone tried to do this in north Jersey. With the population there you would think it's a great idea.

-Get rental vehicles for new comers to try.
-send flyers to schools and scout troops
-set up a way to have birthday parties for kids

All that will help fund the place for race days. Keep the place clean and family orientated and they will keep coming back.

Good luck! Keep us updated!!
That's exactly what we have been thinking. There are so many people into RC but no place local to run/race them. Part of the problem is the high rent or no place for outdoor racing. With so many commercial buildings empty the owners are dropping the rent just to get business in them. This bad economy could be just what we need to kick it off.
We were just talking yesterday about having rental cars/trucks, catering birthday parties, really getting the word out to get kids involved. My son is 7 and he is hooked!

Keep checking back, when we have updates we'll put them here.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

[QUOTE=BigGus71;8520040]
Originally Posted by G_WORD

Speaking of bank, I gotta talk to you about making money. I'm gonna try to stop in tomorrow.
wow!!!!money i'm in
Old 01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

I dont think any of youz guyz can even work the transponder system.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=G_WORD;8520640]

wow!!!!money i'm in
Ok good. It's got nothing to do with collections like you mentioned yesterday.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by critterracing
I dont think any of youz guyz can even work the transponder system.
You're probably right and I hate reading directions. Guess we'll just wing it.

Remember I'm a plumber.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I live in Madison, right by 3 colleges. St Elizabeths (well thats a catholic girl school) Drew, and FDU. I'd be more than willing to put up flyers around here to help promote it. And not to mention it's Madison, Mommy and Daddy gots money around here.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys.. couple things here.. were are u talking to compared to south jersey... also an indoor facitly is def the way to go.. no rainouts or anything.. def need to lookin tomaking 1/8 happen it will pay for itself for sure.. i no for a fact that majo rcompany wouldhelp sponsor a big race in the winter and be ableto let theredrivers run an test new products..i talked to todd hodge yesterday and he said i would had a 22 sent to me for testing but u have no consitant track to help test tune..
Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
I live in Madison, right by 3 colleges. St Elizabeths (well thats a catholic girl school) Drew, and FDU. I'd be more than willing to put up flyers around here to help promote it. And not to mention it's Madison, Mommy and Daddy gots money around here.
That's cool. Also that's about a 15 minute drive from where we are looking to put the track.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That's cool. Also that's about a 15 minute drive from where we are looking to put the track.
Even better
Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
hey guys.. couple things here.. were are u talking to compared to south jersey... also an indoor facitly is def the way to go.. no rainouts or anything.. def need to lookin tomaking 1/8 happen it will pay for itself for sure.. i no for a fact that majo rcompany wouldhelp sponsor a big race in the winter and be ableto let theredrivers run an test new products..i talked to todd hodge yesterday and he said i would had a 22 sent to me for testing but u have no consitant track to help test tune..
Looking in areas around Fairfield and Totowa, not far of major highways like RT80, 46, and 23. It will be a little bit of a ride from south jersey. I would love to get a place large enough for 1/8 scale, but the cost will be the big factor. One complex we are looking at has a bunch of open spaces up to around 6000 sqft. If the cost means we have to start a little smaller then move to a larger place then that's what we'll do. Like we mentioned here earlier, the winter should be good, summer hits and people want to run outdoors. So we'll see what happens.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
Even better
location, location, location.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey guys, one of my friends sent me this thread. Sounds like a great idea to us. Now that PIR is closed in phili which was the closest 1/8 scale facility to us there are alot of guys not sure where to go. LIR and Barnstormers are the only other options. I am affiliated with http://www.hobbymasters.com in Red bank around exit 109. We were and are supporting Trax70 as an example during the summer and are always looking to extend support for other tracks considering opening or existing tracks needing advertising. If you guys are serious and interested have the main idea guy PM me and I will hook him up with the right people on this end if you are looking for good advertising and hobby shop support. As well all know this hobby def. can be costly and not having the right game plan can be down right disasterous. Good luck and I look forward to your progress.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.