Wiki Posts
Search

2 New tracks in little RI

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Looking good!May have to drive down..
Was hoping that you guys put a oval track in.Like you said as soon as you hit new england there are no ovals...lol
Old 04-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

would it be cool to stop by and check it out.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default not much prrogress 2day

The ground was so wet from 2 days of rain felt like I was spreading spackle all day !!! Got a little bit done on the back stretch. Put a high speed jump in and turned some spots over to speed up drying. Before I added material I was ankle deep in mud. Was a little worried about choice of track placement but as the day progressed things dried up a little. Should be a little better 2moro.
Attached Thumbnails 2 New tracks in little RI-stand-after-fill.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-fill-2.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-fill3.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-fill4.jpg   2 New tracks in little RI-b4-picture.jpg  

Old 04-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sydneysdad
would it be cool to stop by and check it out.
2moro will be my last day there for a week ! More than welcome to stop by Dont let the mess scare you Should be there by 930 1000
Old 04-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

cool. I'll swing by.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Initiate

cool. I'll swing by.
Dont know if you came by or not ?? I only stay'd from 930 to 1230 ! Was still too wet !! I did get a chance to test the front stretch and the jump after turn two! Wasnt bad !! Had to add some material to the take off ramp, wasnt enough lift ! Even giving it a snap at the top still kept noseing into the landing ramp with my slash and hyper. I wont be there most of this week. got called into work. Suppose to rain almost every day anyway ! But if anyone wants to stop by and check out my nitemare you are more than welcome My partner slash the land owner is there 6 days a week only closed on mondays. His name is Steve real good guy ! Going to go there 2moro after I get back in town 2 see what the morning rain left me. Hope for the best !!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I went to steve's marine and across the street just could not find a place that remotely looked like a track was being built. If you can post an address it would make it easier. btw i was in the neighborhood around 11am. I'll try again sometime this week.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Rookie

glad to find this page. been racing 10th carpet oval for 20 years but looking to try out some short course racing glad to find that there might be somewhere to go so close to home. ill have to come by and check things out when it stops raining lol
Old 04-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Rookie

there is another track in RI
EXTREME COMPLEX
1425 Kingstown RD
Wakefield RI
789-1987
web site - extremecomplex.com

right now they have a indoor carpet off road track
with a lap counter system
and latter they will have an outdoor track
Old 04-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

They are just practicing on the track which is a carpet track with jumps. And, they're open until the wee hours of the night ( well, almost ). Just not sure if I can swing the $7 / hr rate they charge.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Initiate

I went to steve's marine and across the street just could not find a place that remotely looked like a track was being built. If you can post an address it would make it easier. btw i was in the neighborhood around 11am. I'll try again sometime this week.
Sorry you couldnt find me ! If you were at Steves Marine the track is behind the building. Just go rite in the show room and let them know you are there for the track. I went back to work this week so I havnt been there all week. Today im helping the wife setup the new location for her resturaunt. Best dam burritos in RI will be located at The Bristol Club House on tupelo st. in Bristol I will be working on the track a few days next week after work! The week the kids are on vacation I will be at the track every day ! After all the rain last week we decided to bring in more fill ! Trying to avoid any and all water issues. I will check in here around wed.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default anyone ready for fishing

Went to the track to get some work done after all the rain was done. Not good everyone. Got a real water problem goin on!! But we will over come this setback real quickGona get out there wed. and set up some lines and stakes so we can build up and pitch for drainage. Dont look too long at the picture its depressing lol lol Have a friend thats going to give us some help with the gradeing {he does it for a living} So we will get thru this
Attached Thumbnails 2 New tracks in little RI-water-problem.jpg  
Old 04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's a swamp! Needs some serious grading and drainage
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Any news on this track, or was it a lost cause???
Old 05-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I stopped by Steve's marine about a month ago and the property owner was really nice and gave me a tour of the proposed track. It looked exactly like that last picture. It has potential and the start of a drivers' stand but it needs some intense grading and drainage done in order to ever be viable.

Never heard back from the guy who was posting on here about starting it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.