Wiki Posts
Search

Pit Stop Hobbies 2010 Season

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default Pit Stop Hobbies 2010 Season

Ok guys I have some updates for the upcoming race season.

1) The track will be staying the same with just some mods to take out some hard to see areas.

2) We are looking to start racing April 3 (Hopefully)

3) We will be running on Saturdays to start the season off then switch over to Friday nights in May sometime depending on weather temps. We will be having a Saturday night race once every month. (Schedule has not be finialized yet by Jim)

4) We will have 2 SCT classes this summer.
1) Will be a Spec SCT class. These will be the rules we ran last year and have been posted on Pit Stop Hobbies home page.
2) Will be a ROAR Rule SCT class. I will post later what exactly these rules are.

5) Also Jim is looking for 2 or 3 people to call the races for this upcoming year. You can reach him at 717-653-6222. We also need some people who would be willing to come out and help get the track ready for the races.

We will be running all the regular Mod classes as well.

Last edited by Bob Moore; 03-22-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do you guys run MT class? Friday night racing sounds great,have Revo will travel !
Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know once we go to night racing they can not run gas. If you have a E Revo and there are 3 or more then they will run them.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i will have to make it out there sometime.i havent been to pittstop in years.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
i will have to make it out there sometime.i havent been to pittstop in years.
The track is fantastic, lots of elevation changes and a nice mix of jumps. It flows very well and once you figure it out it is a blast to run on.

I can't wait to get the season started. I'll probably run the SC10 all year and perhaps the gas truck (if anybody brings them) for the day races. I'm not really sure what to do as far as running the ROAR SCT vs the Stock SCT class.
Bob, are the stock rules the same as last years, where you can run any combination of stock parts (tires, esc, motor)?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

No the spec class is box stock no changing anything. What comes in the box is what you run. The only thing you can change is the radio and you can run either 2 cell lipo or a 6 cell pack.

ROAR rules are breifly:
17.5 motor or any motor that comes with the kits.
Any servo
Any ESC
Any shocks and spring
Ball diff or Gear diff
CVD's are allowed
6 cell pack or 2 cell lipo
Any SCT tire (ex. Goosebumps, Bowties, and so on.)

All the trucks must run SCT tires no 1/8th scale tires and must run a truck body.

The spec class is for the racer who does not want to worry about upgrading things and a great way for the beginners to get into racing
The ROAR SCT is more for the racer who wants to be able to change things around run different tires, ESC, Motor, Servo
I would think this would be more geared to the pro or more advanced drivers.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Moore
No the spec class is box stock no changing anything. What comes in the box is what you run. The only thing you can change is the radio and you can run either 2 cell lipo or a 6 cell pack.

ROAR rules are breifly:
17.5 motor or any motor that comes with the kits.
Any servo
Any ESC
Any shocks and spring
Ball diff or Gear diff
CVD's are allowed
6 cell pack or 2 cell lipo
Any SCT tire (ex. Goosebumps, Bowties, and so on.)

All the trucks must run SCT tires no 1/8th scale tires and must run a truck body.

The spec class is for the racer who does not want to worry about upgrading things and a great way for the beginners to get into racing
The ROAR SCT is more for the racer who wants to be able to change things around run different tires, ESC, Motor, Servo
I would think this would be more geared to the pro or more advanced drivers.
Crap, I guess that made the decision for me, ROAR SCT it is! Looks like I'll have to invest in some goosebumps. BTW, did anybody test any of the aftermarket SCT tires last year at Pit Stop...what works the best?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good.

I would like to make it out on opening day. Track looks awesome.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DialedIn-67
Sounds good.

I would like to make it out on opening day. Track looks awesome.
The track is awesome and since it won't need so much work to get it ready they will get alot more racing in this year.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bob Moore
Ok guys I have some updates for the upcoming race season.

1) The track will be staying the same with just some mods to take out some hard to see areas.

2) We are looking to start racing April 3 (Hopefully)

3) We will be running on Saturdays to start the season off then switch over to Friday nights in May sometime depending on weather temps. We will be having a Saturday night race once every month. (Schedule has not be finialized yet by Jim)

4) We will have 2 SCT classes this summer.
1) Will be a Spec SCT class. No modifications to the truck at all must run what comes with the truck. You can run a 6 cell or 2 cell lipo.
2) Will be a ROAR Rule SCT class. I will post later what exactly these rules are.

5) Also Jim is looking for 2 or 3 people to call the races for this upcoming year. You can reach him at 717-653-6222. We also need some people who would be willing to come out and help get the track ready for the races.

We will be running all the regular Mod classes as well.
What sections are you changing? so what if you have a blind spot for a second just like a marshall in your way. I thought it was awsome last year!!
Old 03-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can already see it just another year at Pit Stop with the SAME S$%T it just don't ever end
Old 03-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cj50
I can already see it just another year at Pit Stop with the SAME S$%T it just don't ever end
Bashing the place already and the snow barely had time to melt.

Last year was a tough year with all the crap that went on. I just don't see it this year. The track isn't changing significantly, so it'll be as good or better than last year. Jimmy said they are building a new scoring shed once the ground dries out enough...the old one is in terrible shape. I am pretty sure there are no ROAR races this year, that is an improvement as far as I see it. Friday night turnouts were decent last year, and I think the Saturday evening races should draw a good crowd as well. The new website (Jimmy has seen some previews) will be WAY better as well.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jason Haas
What sections are you changing? so what if you have a blind spot for a second just like a marshall in your way. I thought it was awsome last year!!

I am not changing any of the spots. I think the track is awsome to. Jim told me that Aaron had told him taht he was going to work on the track to try to fix some of the hard to see areas. I have no problem with the track. I just want to race. I was just posting on here cause Jim had asked me if I could.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why dont you find something better to do? Every post I see you make is stupid! Stop running your mouth about peoples tracks!! Pitstop is the best track around by far! The owner is a hands down great guy! He has gone out of his was the last couple of years to prove that! Just look at how much money and time he put into the place last year! The only reason he did it was so we could all come out and have a good time and enjoy it! If you don't like the place then DON'T COME!!! I can bet that nobody wants you there anyways!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

idk who he is, but he sure has less positive things to say about anything than even...well.....ME

hard to make things work when folks are so negative over racing toy cars.

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.