R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Indoor Offroad CT Track?/New Member Intro (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/453180-indoor-offroad-ct-track-new-member-intro.html)

jlund 11-16-2010 06:34 AM

Indoor Offroad CT Track?/New Member Intro

Hello all,

I am a new member to this forum. I am picking up R/C racing again after years away from it. I used to race RC10T's back in the 90's (in California) and have been away from competitive racing for more than 10 years. Believe it or not, I still have 2 RC10T's that run well.:lol:

Anyhow, I am anxiously looking for a local/semi-local indoor offroad track in Connecticut. I am in the Northern part of the state (Farmington Valley).

It looks like there is a track in Waterbury... Is that my best bet in terms of a good indoor offroad track?

I look forward to participating in this forum.

Thanks,
Justin

Pin Shop 11-17-2010 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by jlund (Post 8217284)
Hello all,

I am a new member to this forum. I am picking up R/C racing again after years away from it. I used to race RC10T's back in the 90's (in California) and have been away from competitive racing for more than 10 years. Believe it or not, I still have 2 RC10T's that run well.:lol:

Anyhow, I am anxiously looking for a local/semi-local indoor offroad track in Connecticut. I am in the Northern part of the state (Farmington Valley).

It looks like there is a track in Waterbury... Is that my best bet in terms of a good indoor offroad track?

Thanks,
Justin

RCHR is in Waterbury,they have indoor dirt. RC madness has indoor carpet offroad they are in Enfield,we have indoor carpet oval.

taco94 11-17-2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by jlund (Post 8217284)
Hello all,

Thanks,
Justin

RCHR. I know you've already posted on that thread a few times. It is a great facility, and well worth the drive.

Dieselpower 11-26-2010 07:12 AM

Indoor offroad 1/18 carpet in Winsted as well...........oh yeah, and the best hobby shop in all of New England.:D

RCHR 11-26-2010 07:51 AM

Hey Justin,

Where did you use to live and race at in southern or northern Cali?

I used to live in San Diego county, raced at E&L Raceway, Tylers RC R&D, Hobbytown raceway, Discount Hobby Warehouse, RCHR (the Original), So-Cal Raceway, M&M raceway. I tried to model our track after those...

Another one of our Local racers Brandon Deverode race touring car over there as well.

If your looking for indoor dirt off-road, Our track, Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway in Waterbury or RC Excitement in Fitchburg, Ma.

Here is a video of one our races on our current track layout...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

orgnoi1 11-26-2010 08:03 AM

That is a pretty nice indoor! We may have to swing out that way to do some running this winter inbetween snowmobiling!