Old 04-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First some photos (at long last...)

Old 04-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Looking cool, Dave.

Doors open at 10 tomorrow, right? Ill do what I can to make it down for some oval racing.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Now a little text...

I finally had a chance to run on the new PSH'12 Layout. In a word...awesome!

The track is just SO much bigger! Lots of space, with pit lane removed it feels so much larger and more open. There are several WOT areas on the track and they brought AIR back! The front straight is just perfect. You guys should bronze the front straight and never change it...it's that good. There is a large "quad" jump. In 1/8th you can clear the whole thing. With something smaller it's a great double-double or triple-single. Then there is another air-time double which kicks you way up high. I just love the straight! The lower section of the wall is gone and that makes lots of room for a deeper corner. Rip around and you come upon a nicely spaced double-double before an S turn. That S turn area was very tight with my 1/8th scale's. I can see that section being very crowded when you try it with 5-8 other vehicles! None the less it's a nice mix of tight/technical and more open areas. There is another double, followed by a hairpin, a bend into another double, a sharp corner and then the "middle straight" which is the longest, flattest section I think I've ever seen at PSH. Seriously WOT. It bottle-necks down to a huge berm. Ride the berm for some extra speed as you hammer the throttle for the quadruple jump.

It was a blast. Now I'm counting the days till next Saturday's Season Opener!

GREAT JOB to PSH and the other Guys who built the track.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Electric Dave
Now a little text...

The track is just SO much bigger! Lots of space, with pit lane removed it feels so much larger and more open. There are several WOT areas on the track and they brought AIR back! The front straight is just perfect. You guys should bronze the front straight and never change it...it's that good. There is a large "quad" jump. In 1/8th you can clear the whole thing. With something smaller it's a great double-double or triple-single. Then there is another air-time double which kicks you way up high. I just love the straight! The lower section of the wall is gone and that makes lots of room for a deeper corner. Rip around and you come upon a nicely spaced double-double before an S turn. That S turn area was very tight with my 1/8th scale's. I can see that section being very crowded when you try it with 5-8 other vehicles! None the less it's a nice mix of tight/technical and more open areas. There is another double, followed by a hairpin, a bend into another double, a sharp corner and then the "middle straight" which is the longest, flattest section I think I've ever seen at PSH. Seriously WOT. It bottle-necks down to a huge berm. Ride the berm for some extra speed as you hammer the throttle for the quadruple jump.

Thanks Dave,and thanks for the watering job early in the Am..
Old 04-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Electric Dave
Now a little text...

Dave seriously, u miss the magazine? Great report, I had fun also this afternoon. Hope see everyone and some new faces next Saturday!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Dave seriously, u miss the magazine? Great report, I had fun also this afternoon. Hope see everyone and some new faces next Saturday!
LOL! Yes, truthfully I do miss it... Kind of ironic really, now DuraTrax has an 1/8th scale buggy, I would so loved to have reviewed that buggy and RACED it at PSH...oh the look on your face if by some miracle the DuraTrax ever beat your precious Durango! Oh well, maybe Kevin will race it.

Regardless can't wait for Saturday.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

track looks great guys
Old 04-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default 4/21/12 Oval Results

Here are the results:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
4-21-12 results.pdf (26.7 KB, 216 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Today was a great day of racing had a blast!!!!!!! and want to give a shout out to Sam and Dr. Joe, Sam what can I say but wow great racing your first time out and to had fast lap in 2 heats good job!! and Dr Joe you mad me work for it today i was sweating you push push pushed me lol was some good racing and as always thank you to Steve and Pat for there continued support and a great place to race very proud to be a part of the Pin Shop Hobbies Team!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatkidracing14
Today was a great day of racing had a blast!!!!!!! and want to give a shout out to Sam and Dr. Joe, Sam what can I say but wow great racing your first time out and to had fast lap in 2 heats good job!! and Dr Joe you mad me work for it today i was sweating you push push pushed me lol was some good racing and as always thank you to Steve and Pat for there continued support and a great place to race very proud to be a part of the Pin Shop Hobbies Team!!!
GO TEAM TOOLBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jberlenbach
GO TEAM TOOLBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
lmao wow easy lol
Old 04-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Had loads of fun today. For not running here for 5 or so weeks, I think I did alright. Hit a 2.44 as a fast lap for the day. Pretty good, considering the last time I raced there, my fast lap was a 2.60. Thanks for those rear tires, Joe. I'll have to pick up some more of those. Congrats on the win Jay. I'd expect nothing less, though.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
Had loads of fun today. For not running here for 5 or so weeks, I think I did alright. Hit a 2.44 as a fast lap for the day. Pretty good, considering the last time I raced there, my fast lap was a 2.60. Thanks for those rear tires, Joe. I'll have to pick up some more of those. Congrats on the win Jay. I'd expect nothing less, though.
I'll bring some tires for next week if you promise not to hit me anymore - OUCH!!
I do need that 26T pinion back for my off road buggy.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jberlenbach
I'll bring some tires for next week if you promise not to hit me anymore - OUCH!!
I do need that 26T pinion back for my off road buggy.
Not sure if I have any 26Ts. Maybe the shop has some?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by taco94
thank you derek and you ran good your self keep on working on your line and putting good laps back to back and you will soon have a w in the winners circle!!! if theres anything i can do to help let me know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.