PHILADELPHIA TRACK COMING SOON!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHILADELPHIA TRACK COMING SOON!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default PHILADELPHIA TRACK COMING SOON!!!!!

Hello my name is mike and me and my uncle were thinking of opening a water ice/ custard/ ice cream stand in bensalem or philly and were going to put in a miniature golf ... That is until i had the idea to do a rc track but im afraid me and him have come to a cross road. We are disagreing on just about every aspect. What is the biggest money/ profit and most costumers. he wants to rent out electric little cars on a black top track and only that. I want to do dirt rent out nitro and electric and have open track days and things like that. I just need toknow all of your thoughts, concerns and ideas/ opinions. I am kinda new to this hobby i am a 19 year old hobbist and probably going to be the youngest track manager lol. What im really concerned about is what yous want and how nmany of you will actually come and or come faithfully let everyone you know,know and have them sign up on here and comment and maybe have some friends come rent some out. this wont happen until maybe late summer of next year depending on funding and support from hoobyists if theres no meney in it for us theres no point in making it. other wise we are throwing money in and noone shows up.

Thank you for your time your thoughts and your consideration all advice is apprieciated and considered

Sincerely
Michael Rup future track manager
Old 11-07-2010, 05:11 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by enzokilla
Hello my name is mike and me and my uncle were thinking of opening a water ice/ custard/ ice cream stand in bensalem or philly and were going to put in a miniature golf ... That is until i had the idea to do a rc track but im afraid me and him have come to a cross road. We are disagreing on just about every aspect. What is the biggest money/ profit and most costumers. he wants to rent out electric little cars on a black top track and only that. I want to do dirt rent out nitro and electric and have open track days and things like that. I just need toknow all of your thoughts, concerns and ideas/ opinions. I am kinda new to this hobby i am a 19 year old hobbist and probably going to be the youngest track manager lol. What im really concerned about is what yous want and how nmany of you will actually come and or come faithfully let everyone you know,know and have them sign up on here and comment and maybe have some friends come rent some out. this wont happen until maybe late summer of next year depending on funding and support from hoobyists if theres no meney in it for us theres no point in making it. other wise we are throwing money in and noone shows up.

Thank you for your time your thoughts and your consideration all advice is apprieciated and considered

Sincerely
Big problem is a new track already opened up in Phila. PIR is the name of it. ALso a carpet track exists in Horshem and Family Hobbies in Vineland. All will be less than an hour from you or even less for the Phila area tracks so its going to have to compete against 3 places so you would have your work cut out for you.

If any of it it indoors then heat and electric are huge bills and if your serving food you will need all the permits and stuff that go along with that and all of which are not cheap. You also have occupency limitations depending on how big the place is. These are just some things I know of that come with indoor tracks stuff. If all outdoors then you limited to needed good weather for people to want to come out which limits how long the money making season is for you.

Rental cars take a beating as I know from the shop I help out. You will spend a good amount of time fixing them as new people will hit alot of stuff and bust them up. Just seeming lot of work for little profit.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by enzokilla

Sincerely
hope you have enuff room...ur gonna need mini golf too with all that comp around you.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

To be honest with you, the economy still sucks right now and the number of people racing has be on the decline. People do not have the extra money for their hobbies right now. Like others have said, there are quite a few tracks out that way already and you need to realize that you are really competing for the same group of people for attendance. Your best bet is to find out what days/nights the others may be running and not schedule yours on those days. Even then, I still would not count on people showing. Myself and two sons all run each week and with the three of us to race at more than one place would be too costly. Most places are charging 15 or so to race. Add food, gas, and parts for the week and it's not so affordable. Talk to most hobby shops that have tracks and they can tell you that you are probably not going to get rich with it. Most are still in it for the love of the hobby itself.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HI,
WE ARE HOBBY SHOP, AND R/C TRACK OWNERS HERE IN SHIPPENSBURG.
TRUST ME, THERE ISN'T MUCH MONEY TO BE MADE IN THIS HOBBY.
THE TRUCKING COSTS TO DELIVER YOUR MATERIAL FOR A TRACK IS OUTRAGEOUS. WE HAVE HAD ON ROAD AND OFF ROAD TRACKS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS, AND STILL HAVEN'T MADE IT OUT OF THE RED!!!
THEN THE EXPENSE OF PLACING ORDERS TO START OUT (MOST REQUIRE AT LEAST $5000,00 IN ORDERS TO START UP). QUITE A FEW PEOPLE PURCHASE THEIR PARTS & THINGS FROM THE INTERNET. NOT TO MENTION LIABILITY INSURANCE, ETC. THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE YOU DO THIS. IF WE HAD IT ALL OVER TO DO AGAIN, WE WOULD HAVE OPENED A RESTAURANT!
BUT WE DO NOT REGRET THE PEOPLE WE HAVE BECOME ACQUAINTED WITH OVER THE LAST TEN YEARS. (WELL..A FEW ) MOST ARE GREAT! GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU DO. G'S R/C RACEWAY FAMILY