Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjdyost
that really is a shame that u are not running oval also,the way i see it is run just oval and no road because oval can be more fun and better for the kids to run that show up possibly.
yea but if they run just oval i aint coming and i know im not the only one.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

yes i agree tim.but i understand some of the oval guys complaint becouse they did say they were going to have oval and know there not.just a little un organized thats all.and that was a awsome finish u 2 had friday
Old 11-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

novak or tekin?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
what happened with the 2wd truck? I had to miss last night because of a championship ring ceremony dinner thing, fill me in. How was the 2wd buggy turnout, any 4wds?
we got the return of Tim Minerd.He didnt look like he had any rust from taking the summer off.That was a good finish,the last turn deciding who gets the win which you dont see that often in oval.There was a good showing also for stock SC (13 drivers and 3 heats)so it was tough to make the A-main.There was no 4wd buggies running.2wd buggy had about 6 running.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjdyost
that really is a shame that u are not running oval also,the way i see it is run just oval and no road because oval can be more fun and better for the kids to run that show up possibly.
the kids we get on Friday nights run the road course just fine when they show up and if you did not notice there is hardly no road course guys that race Friday nights come and race oval and I agree with Tim we would get a smaller turnout with just oval
Old 11-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, My 11 yr old daughter has a slash mt baja bug on vxl. Is there a novice class she can run in on the oval on sundays? I just want her to have some fun in a low pressure atmosphere. Thanks-Rich

Ps, would I need to get a transponder? and I have a set of road rage 2.8s that are almost slicks. would they work well enough?
Old 11-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

hey rich,not usually a novice class on sundays but sometimes. it is a good atmosphere on sundays and most of us are out there just to have fun. your tires might be a little slick for the track but if u put some traction compound on them they might hook up well. if u do not have traction compound most of us might have some and probably would be glad to let u use some. come cheak out the oval track soon.

Derick Yost
Old 11-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rag6
Hey guys, My 11 yr old daughter has a slash mt baja bug on vxl. Is there a novice class she can run in on the oval on sundays? I just want her to have some fun in a low pressure atmosphere. Thanks-Rich

Ps, would I need to get a transponder? and I have a set of road rage 2.8s that are almost slicks. would they work well enough?
just like Derek said we dont have a novice sometimes but we can have a novice class with no problem if needed.As for the transponder we have house ones that can be used.Stop in sometime and check it out
Old 11-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well we have slash s1 compound ground down for use at mccouloughs clay track for the couple times I practiced there, proline 2.8 road rages with about 15% tread, Stampede talons, and big Imex J-7 mt tires. One of those should work. Its no smell tire sauce right? I can pic some up. See ya in 2 weeks. She is pretty stoked!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

ok guys let me try to put an end to the discussion of which is better oval or road course and the benefit. Everyone likes their own thing, so arguing which is better is just your own opinion. Kinda like asking what's a better rc brand... more of a opinion based on what you have rather than trying all of them with no brand attached and going off of performance.

Now for the benefit, I agree and disagree with some stuff mentioned, but there is no need to get into it. Everyone feels things should go a little bit differently than they do and that is perfectly okay. It was decided to be one day and only road course for certain reasons. If you want all of the reasons ask Jim L. when you see him next and I am sure he will be glad to tell you what they were. If you want to know what I thought should have been done ask me the next time you see me, you want to hear what others want ask them in person, because that is the best way to do things. The benefit is a good cause and I would have been there no matter what was run. I think that supporting the cause is most important, so if it was oval only i would hope that all of the road course guys were out there. Try to remember why we are holding the benefit, rather than what layout is up.

Anyways good to see some guys talking on here and let's keep that up, but try to keep it based on racing and cars and fun rather than just arguing back and forth.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

just about any tires with pins/tread work, and yes traction compound will work with the slicks. I run slicks on a 4wd buggy and it is great. There has not been a novice class on sundays recently, but I am sure we can fit her in some where and put her with drivers of her skill.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thats great. If all else fails, I will throw a truck together and bring it with me to run with her. So is practice night wed? I would like to maybe stop out and get an idea of how things work.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

yeah doors open at 5 on wednesday and we will have the road course layout set up. Sunday doors open at 12pm and racing starts at 2pm. This means come some time between 12-1:30pm to register. It is an open practice session between 12-2, after that racing begins and we usually have about a 5-10 minute break between rounds to practice if needed. We have been getting 1-2 novice drivers lately, but they are good enough to be able to run with the older guys so they have not had their own class. Before summer roller around we were getting at least 4 novice drivers each week.Hopefully they start to trickle back in since the weather is turning.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

DID I SEE THAT KEVIN MINSTER I RUNNING ON ROAD ????????
HOW ARE YOU DOING KEVIN
Old 11-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My sc10 kit came today, looks like I have some building and painting to do before friday. I can't wait to get it on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.