R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/445483-pt-raceway-new-track-level-green-murrsyville-pittsburgh-penn-trafford-irwin.html)

carcrusher46 11-11-2010 10:03 AM

Looks awesome Andy - great work!

Are the posted rules set in stone? I'm asking because the battery rules for e-scale are limited to 4s but many racers use 5s packs as well.

Ostach24 11-11-2010 12:51 PM

Hey thanks.
Not sure yet to be honest. I originally had it as anything goes, but the big 3 in charge didnt want the track destroyed, so they wanted to go with 4s bc those are roar rules. We will see how things go though, we want the racers happy if they want 5 and 6s maybe it will change. If you think about it 5 and 6s is overkill. 3s is really plenty for those machines.

carcrusher46 11-11-2010 02:17 PM

Yeah once I get mine converted over I'm just going to run a pair of 2s packs with a 1700-2200 kv motor which will still be way too much for inside.

I gotta start doing work on my carpet T4 soon!

Mark506 11-11-2010 05:36 PM

Website is dailed! Everything looks good Andy. Are the classes "Open Speedo" or are there any restrictions on software and such? thanks

Sportin' Wood 11-12-2010 03:47 PM

1/8 scale buggys & truggys ???!!! indoors??!! I'll bring the spackle :D
What size is area to be raced on ? (???' x ???')
What might be your cost for practice & racing ?
Hope to see you soon.

Ricky_Bobby 11-13-2010 10:17 PM

Nice work on the new website. John L. told me it was up tonight. Cant wait to see it with the carpet down!! Any word on what Gary actually did with all that styrofoam??

Hope to see the doors open soon! it will be nice to have a track 10 min from home. Keep up the good work guys!

Oh and as I recall it, as far as the mellow yellow car, it was probably LowK07 chasing IT. Unless, of course he was getting lapped!!! LOL That car was 100% dialed for RC Alley.

Oh, I still have your 26T pinion. Thanks again Andy.

Ostach24 11-14-2010 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mark506 (Post 8198027)
Website is dailed! Everything looks good Andy. Are the classes "Open Speedo" or are there any restrictions on software and such? thanks

So far it is open speedo, just because lrp came out with the version two and the rs pro can have boost set into it. We would have to test each esc bc the tekins lrp novak all have boost. If we made it restricted, there would be a tech session before each race.
I ran 4 s tonight in a truggy and it was over kill just too much power for the course, i might even purchase a 3 s to run inside. 1700 would probably be good inside, and even backed off it would do well, possibly good enough to win in the right hamds.

Ostach24 11-14-2010 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Bobby (Post 8206731)
Nice work on the new website. John L. told me it was up tonight. Cant wait to see it with the carpet down!! Any word on what Gary actually did with all that styrofoam??

Hope to see the doors open soon! it will be nice to have a track 10 min from home. Keep up the good work guys!

Oh and as I recall it, as far as the mellow yellow car, it was probably LowK07 chasing IT. Unless, of course he was getting lapped!!! LOL That car was 100% dialed for RC Alley.

Haha i have no idea what gary did with the foam... But he wanted it BAAAD lol he made even came out at the end with a whole other cart stacked with it haha that was hilarious. yeah tell me about it walls will be gettin destroyed with those monsters, they r just gonna kill the white walls. You might be right about the lapped thing with lowk... The old man had mellow yellow ripping at the old place. And thanks guys the website took forever to do... So much coding it was nuts. As far as the pinion goes, no worries dude ill eventually ge tit back, and if not im sure ill use something of someone elses so its all good.

Ostach24 11-14-2010 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood (Post 8201986)
Hope to see you soon.

Let me look about the track size i know someone else asked and i sent an email or something . As far as racing and practice go racing will be a certain amount and the cars after 5 less. Not sure about the cost it is still kind of a debate, heard two different figures i will let you know more when i hear it. Members will get perks for being members, not sure what they will have to pay to be members, but the word is that the rewards will be well worth it. Practice will be 5 i think not 100% sure yet the details need to be worked out some with the big 3. When i hear more ill keep you posted, i have been super busy with school stuff and the website, so i havent been around much to hear the conversations with the guys, but once i hear you guys will be the first to know. Thanks for the support guys, we need it. can't wait to get racing!!!!!

Sgt Craig 11-14-2010 06:28 AM

Will there be a spec tire conditioner? I know buggy grip works well but man that stuff gives you headaches.Also if you need any help let me know.Im right down the road M-F.

Ostach24 11-14-2010 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sgt Craig (Post 8207706)
Will there be a spec tire conditioner? I know buggy grip works well but man that stuff gives you headaches.Also if you need any help let me know.Im right down the road M-F.

Any tire compound that doesnt have a smell to it.

LARRY F SR 11-18-2010 05:21 PM

how is the track progress going
what is the track size
i see where the is talk 1/8 scale in doors, i know the size of the
building and cant be more than 70 to 80 ft at most
looks like will be nice place

LowK07 11-18-2010 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Bobby (Post 8206731)

When you bring that Losi out make sure you blow the dust off it. Nevermind it will blow off when I go by you. Haha. Hope you start to come out again.

LowK07 11-22-2010 09:54 AM

Track Size

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood (Post 8201986)
Hope to see you soon.

From what I can remember, I think the track size is going to end up being
34 x 65. I believe that is what we decided on when we were putting in the loops.

Ostach24 11-22-2010 10:45 AM

Yeah u are right. Sorry i didnt get back to you sooner.